RealNetworks®, Inc. is a Media Software and Services company headquartered in Seattle, Washington. RealNetworks creates innovative applications and services that make it easy to connect with and enjoy digital media.
RealNetworks creates products and services that make it easier for people to access and enjoy digital media on the devices and platforms they choose to use.
We’re a small and brand new team looking for exceptional engineers with broad skillsets, and a desire to learn new technology while building great products. If you need all of your systems fully designed before you can start working, this role isn’t for you. But this role may be for you if you:
Sound interesting? Send us an email with your CV!
- thrive in a fast-paced, small-team environment
- are flexible, value teamwork and deliver rock solid solutions
- enjoy working on short timelines and quick iterations
- enjoy working on complex system software, tackling tough challenges
- feel strongly not only about building good software but about making that software perform in the real world
- show a strong sense of ownership, bias for action, creativity, and ingenuity
Design and build an emerging product. Provide innovate solutions to challenging problems. Participate as a key member in product development in a small stealth start-up like team at RealNetworks.
Key Accountabilities % of Time
2. Provide technical designs and documentation 20%
- 1. Implement new products, features, and services 70%
3. Research new technologies and expand development skills for yourself and for your team. 10%
4. Support the service after we launch! TBD
Contact and Purpose of contact
Engineering and product management: Work extremely collaboratively with team members to design, develop and iterate on the solution
3rd party vendors: Interface with third party vendors as needed depending on the project needs.
Marketing and business development; Work with marketing and business development to integrate marketing and potential customer feedback as required
Customer: Communication with the customer based on project needs
Operations: Provide tier 4 support for production systems.
Education Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related field/degree
- Fluency in one or more of: C, C++, Java, Ruby on Rails and familiarity with one or more of: Python, Perl, Shell, PHP
- Expertise in data structures, algorithms and complexity analysis
- Expertise in analyzing, troubleshooting and optimizing large-scale distributed systems
- Self starter with the ability to handle periodic out-of-band requests
- Knowledge of software best practices, like test driven development and continuous integration
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant industry work experience
RealNetworks®, Inc. is proud to offer our full time employees an extensive benefits package, including vacation, medical, dental, vision, 401K, an employee stock purchase program and subsidized commuting options. Additional benefits include our charitable matching program, learning and development programs, employee wellness plans and more!
- Experience with Android or iOS development
- Experience with MVC frameworks
- Familiarity with high availability and event-driven architectures
- Experience developing for a Unix OS
- Contribution to open source projects
- Experience of working in a forward thinking, OSS-centric environment
- Experience with NoSQL
- Experience in developing working prototypes and making technical presentations
RealNetworks is an equal opportunity employer (EOE)
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
please see above
RealNetworks - 2 years ago
India Software Developers is a leading software development company providing Web-based Development & Web based Software development...