Job title: Galley Supervisor
Department: Food & Beverage
FLSA status: Non-exempt
Reports to: Food & Beverage Director or Galley Manager
Inspired by a commitment to excellence, the service team at the Company* creates unforgettable memories for our guests. The successful galley supervisor, in conjunction with the associate kitchen manager-sous chef, participates in managing back-of-the-house cruise execution to ensure consistently high levels of quality, service and customer sanitation satisfaction while maintaining a high level of profitability.
Kitchen Team Management
- Acts as the on-duty kitchen manager for cruises and manages the kitchen staff to ensure adherence to procedures detailed in the Product Management Guide and Galley Operating Manual.
- Maintains continuous communication with the kitchen managers and restaurant manager regarding staff and operations.
- Provides input regarding shipmate relations.
- Ensures that all staff consistently follows and adheres to all health department sanitation codes and requirements thereby maintaining the Company’s strict standards of sanitation.
- Maintains close liaison between the kitchen and other departments including the front-of-the house.
- Recommends programs that improve the level of service and product quality.
- Executes other projects as assigned by management.
- Assists in recruits of new kitchen staff when necessary to fill vacant positions.
- Participates in training of all new kitchen staff.
- Participates in scheduling kitchen staff according to staffing matrix.
- Adheres to Company’s performance management guidelines for all discipline and termination situations.
- Provides input to the Associate Kitchen Manager- Sous Chef and Kitchen Manager with regard to the development/career growth plans for each kitchen staff members.
- Recommends to the Associate Kitchen Manager-Sous Chef & Kitchen Manager the promotion of kitchen staff members.
- Develops positive working relationships with city department heads and peers.
- Participates in the development strong teamwork within the staff.
- Helps develop shipmate incentive programs.
- Resolves guest service issues, in conjunction with the on-duty Restaurant Manager, utilizing strong customer service skills and exercising diplomacy in keeping with company objective of customer retention.
- Participates in implementing and maintaining effective safety programs in conjunction with the Operations Department.
- Maintains high standards of sanitation in accordance with company’s standards and in accordance with health department codes & requirements.
- Participates in fleet wide task forces as requested
The successful galley supervisor will personally contribute to the unforgettable guest experience, be favorably viewed by supervisors and peers, and be swift and efficient in the execution of their assigned duties. Performance will be measured by quality, service, departmental tests, management evaluation, and feedback from peers on the city’s team.
Job Specifications / qualifications:
- Minimum of 2 year of total kitchen experience in full-service/banquet, high volume environment
- 1 year of kitchen staff management experience preferred
- High school graduate AND Minimum 2 years formal culinary training OR equivalent kitchen work experience in a full-service/banquet, high volume environment
- ServSafe Certified
- Manage multiple priorities/tasks
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships as required by job responsibility.
- Communicate effectively in oral and written form
- Effectively deal with internal and external customers some of whom will require high levels of patience tact and diplomacy
- Ability to read, write, and speak English to comprehend and communicate job functions
- Finger/hand dexterity in order to operate food machinery
- Work in confined spaces
- Perform duties within extreme temperature ranges
- Stand, walk, and/or sit continuously perform essential functions for an extended period of time
- Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations, distinguish product, taste, texture and presentation and observe preparation
- Finger/grasp, lift and/or carry, or otherwise move goods weighing a maximum of 200 lbs. on a continuous schedule
- Work with Microsoft Office applications (especially Word & Excel)
- Satisfactory background check
Entertainment Cruises - 10 months ago
Entertainment Cruises Mission-
Inspired by a commitment to excellence, we create unforgettable memories.
Entertainment Cruises History...