When it comes to "clean," Ecolab is the world leader, with $5.5 billion in global sales and the respect of customers in more than 160 countries. For eight decades we have developed and marketed cleaning solutions and systems making the world a cleaner, safer, healthier place to live. More than 26,000 Ecolab associates are winning and satisfying new customers every day all over the world.
Are you a take-charge person looking for an opportunity to grow and advance with a company committed to for an opportunity to grow and advance with a stable, growing and global company committed to sustainability? Would you like to join a company recognized as among The 100 Most Ethical Companies in the World, not once but actually four years in a row? As Distribution Warehouse Supervisor you must be self-directed achiever able to wear the many hats of management to lead a dedicated Lean Six Sigma warehousing team of hourly union employees to improve safety, quality & metrics and lead redesign of warehouse processes during an off-shift at our Joliet plant. Ecolab is a stable, ethical and the leader in our industry. We value diversity and, at Ecolab, our employees are number one! We know that our employees are our most important asset -- great employees got us where we are today after 80 years of success! Gain recognition for improve key performance indicators as you cross train your team to be able to move fluidly from picking to loading in order to get deliveries out efficiently according to priority and to achieve targeted perfect order metrics. The top performer will have the opportunity to receive Green Belt Training, to complete projects and earn a Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certification before advancing to more challenging assignments. Main responsibilities:
- Executes Supply Chain strategy TQM plans. Communicates & reinforces Logistics plans. Maintains clear communication & close co-operation with Customer Service, Materials Planning, Manufacturing, & major suppliers/vendors. Works with Quality, Planning, Manufacturing, Carriers & Customers to proactively avoid & resolve quality & service issues relating to logistics.
- Coordinates operational redesign projects to improve performance & meet customer needs. Generates & implements innovations for logistical competitive advantage that improve performance. Implements Lean concepts & practices.
- Monitors fixed assets & coordinates implementation of approved CARs. Assists in developing site logistics budget with focus on continuously improving year over year performance against metrics.
- Supervises logistics activities (storage, shipping) incl: inventory control, warehousing, transportation, logistics planning, order processing & customer service. Communicates standard logistics metrics to direct reports. Resolves quality, service & cost issues. Supports oversight of DOH inventory levels.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain or Operations Management, Logistics, Transportation, Engineering or an MBA with a related concentration.
- 1-2 years logistics experience in a high SKU warehousing environment.
- No immigration sponsorship is available for this opportunity.
Keywords: Erp, Jobs, Logistics, Supervision, Supervisor, supervisor jobs, supply chain, supply chain management, supply chain software, warehouse, warehouse employment, warehouse inventory, warehouse inventory management, warehouse jobs, warehouse management, warehouse management system, warehouse management systems, warehouse manager, warehouse supervisor, warehouse supervisor job, warehouse supervisor jobs, warehousing, wms, metrics, continuous improvement, Lean Six Sigma, TQM, quality, KPI, kpi metrics, key performance indicators, Junior military officer, JMO, veteran, veteran job, veteran jobs, jobs after military, green job, green jobs, green career, green opportunity, Supervision, Supervisor, supervisor jobs, supply chain, supply chain management, metrics, continuous improvement, Lean Six Sigma, TQM, quality, KPI, kpi metrics, key performance indicators, supply chain job, supply chain jobs, warehousing, logistics jobs, logistics jobs, warehousing jobs, warehouse jobs, supervisor jobs, distribution management, warehouse supervisor, warehouse manager, supervisor manager, lean warehousing, logistics job, warehousing process, supervisor maintenance, maintenance supervisor, logistic job, logistics manager, warehousing logistics, warehousing supervisor, warehousing distribution, warehousing management, warehouse manager jobs, logistics manager jobs, warehouse job, warehouse supervisor jobs, process logistics jobs, warehousing logistics jobs, warehouse logistics, jobs, KPI, job fairs, job openings, targeted job fairs, jobs fair, jobs online, military job fairs, career builder job fair, virtual job fairs, local job fairs, online job, job fairs i, career fairs, county jobs, search jobs, jobs hiring, job postings, employment, job fairs career, find a job, job listings, job search, job fair, upcoming job fairs, careers, job posting, career network, county employment, computer jobs, job fair, it job, entry level jobs, media jobs, network job, it jobs, career fair, career fairs, career job fair, project manager jobs, employment guide, job bank, career, career fair, jobs state, national career fairs, jobs finder, career state, online job opportunities, jobs for latinos, latinos jobs, hispanic professional, online trade show, employment, jobs, professional job search, bilingual job, local jobs, local job search, jobs fairs, online job fairs, career immigration, job finder, latino jobs, job fairs work, find jobs, virtual job fair, online career fair, trabajo espanol, job seekers, jobs with spanish, veteran jobs, veteran employment
- 3+ years logistics experience in a high SKU warehousing environment.
- 3+ years supervisory experience.
- 2+ years supervisory experience in a warehouse environment.
- MBA with logistics-related concentration or Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain or Operations Management.
- Knowledge of Logistics functions.
- Significant experience in a high-SKU logistics network.
- Knowledge of financial or cost analysis and measurements of Logistics.
- Experience with industrial safety practices and procedures.
- Strong Computer literacy and demonstrated use of technology to improve logistics performance.
- Project Management experience.
Our benefits go beyond caring for your healththey also provide for your financial well being. For today, we offer medical, dental, life & accident insurance and pre-tax reimbursement accounts. For tomorrow, we help you share in Ecolabs success through a matching 401K and stock ownership opportunities. For your individual needs, we offer you a tuition reimbursement program and voluntary personal plans.
Ecolab is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
To apply for this position, please click here.
Global Ops - 2 years ago