Job Description The District Manager is the first line manager of Sales Representatives within an assigned geography. The incumbent is responsible for leading and motivating the Representatives to accomplish the sales and planned objectives of the District within the allocated resources, the framework of company policies and the law.
1. Responsible for achieving specified District sales objectives.
2. Establishes a plan for using all allocated resources to accomplish the sales and planned objectives of the District within budget. Is responsible for analyzing, evaluating and interpreting formal and informal reports to determine if resources are being used effectively to increase operating results as well as re-directing resources to maximize sales as business conditions warrant.
3. Actions changes in personnel assignments and territory configurations that will optimize sales results. Coordinates a Field Implementation Plan using a computer resource that assures a balanced marketing effort in the District
4. Is responsible for recruiting, selecting, developing and maintaining an increasingly competent “Team” of Representatives with assigned District. Development is accomplished by the process of setting goals, providing training opportunities, coaching to achieve the goals/objectives set and by quarterly performance evaluations while traveling with the representative. Also recommends merit increases and promotion of Sales Representatives within the District.
5. Is directly responsible for developing and executing Business Plans with trading partners within the District. Also responsible for implementing actions with national trading partners coordinating with Director, Sales Agent Business Planning.
6. Analyzes and evaluates the characteristics of the continually changing and complex markets in the District. Is responsible for implementing marketing plans through Representatives to achieve operating results as well as develop and execute plants to take advantage of unique market opportunities within the District.
7. Maintains accurate, concise and timely communications. Prepares written recommendations that attack opportunities within the District to maximize future sales results.
8. Develops and nurtures key contacts with Professional, University and Agricultural Industry Leaders that will have a positive impact on operating results.
9. Recognize and understand the importance of Merial standards and goals regarding Health, Safety, and Environment (HSE) in area of responsibility and behave/manage in a manner consistent with those standards and goals.
To all recruitment firms: Merial does not accept agency/search firm referrals for this posting, or other postings, without prior written permission from Merial Human Resources. Merial is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Due to tracking regulations, only resumes submitted directly via OneMERIAL for internal employees, and Merial.com/Careers for external applicants, can be considered. Qualifications Bachelor’s degree/equivalent and a minimum of 7-10 years sales and/or related experience in the animal health/related industry. Must possess strong leadership and coaching skills to maximize performance results of the district. Must demonstrate good judgment and decision-making skills to determine the appropriate course of action required in balancing the need for results with highly ethical conduct. Must possess thorough technical/customer/market knowledge, excellent presentation skills and the ability to assimilate and analyze diverse data to develop tactical action steps to achieve sales results. Should have a sustained record of solid performance results consistently performing in the top 25th percentile of peer group, across the large and small animal business units.
Genzyme - 14 months ago
Merial keeps animals merry. The company makes a variety of drugs and vaccines that treat and prevent disease in pets, livestock, and...