Primary purpose: Responsible for the safe, efficient, and quality-conscious transport of bulk scrap and commodities from scrap line to dumpstations inside mill or to and from barges, railcars, trucks, and storage facilities. Assure the work being performed consistently meets or exceeds the expectations of the supervisor as well as published policies and procedures.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Review and understand the policies, procedures, and guidelines for the safe operation of the vehicle(s) by OJT and formal training.
• Startup, operator, shut down, and lockout vehicle at all times within proper procedures.
• Perform routine inspection of the vehicle prior to operation and identify any problems requiring maintenance.
• Perform approved maintenance on vehicle as needed.
• Fuel and lubricate the vehicle within defined limits and as needed.
• Operate various oversized construction trucks and/or commercial type tractor-trailers, following proper procedures, for loading, movement, and unloading of each type of bulk commodity.
• Take necessary steps to ensure the vehicle is clean and in working order at the end of the shift.
• Operate company communication equipment in an approved manner and respond promptly to company and customer needs.
• Perform other duties that may be assigned.
Education: High School Graduate or equivalent.
Experience / specific knowledge:
• Previous experience operating construction trucks, OTR trucks, or farming equipment.
Certifications, licenses, registrations:
• Valid driver’s license.
Competencies, skills, and abilities:
• Ability to demonstrate good knowledge of traffic laws and defensive driving.
• Ability to operate and maintain equipment in a safe manner at all times.
• Ability to accept supervision/direction and work effectively and cooperatively with other people.
• Ability to carry and communicate over a company provided mobile radio.
• Must possess basic math skills in regards to addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
• Must possess safety training and security certification as required by customers to work in their facilities and as required by all Kinder Morgan locations.
• Ability to deal with evolving operating conditions with few concrete variables in standardized situations.
• Ability to focus attention and follow work rules.
• Demonstrate aptitude to execute and maintain necessary records.
• Successful completion of background check and post-offer and random drug screens.
Physical demands: While performing duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee must meet physical requirements including but not limited to, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, climbing up/down ladders and stairs, negotiating uneven and moving surfaces, and frequently lifting and/or moving up to 50 pounds. Employee must be able to work at heights up to 30 feet. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
• Must be able to climb 10’ – 12’ into bed of truck.
• Must be willing to work all shifts, overtime, weekends, and holidays as needed and required.
• Must be available to respond to call-out as assigned.
• Perform work in dusty environment and all types of temperature/weather conditions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, and vibration. The employee is frequently exposed to high, precarious places and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the environment is usually loud.
• Must be available for assignments at multiple berths within a 10 mile radius.
Supervisory responsibility: None
Preferred education, experience, certifications, competencies, skills, and abilities above the minimum requirements; not required but advantageous in this position:
• Prior experience in bulk terminal.
Kinder Morgan - 19 months ago
This can get Kinder complicated: Kinder Morgan Management (KMM) was created by pipeline operator Kinder Morgan, Inc. to be the limited...