Job Title: Senior Benefits Analyst
Location: New Castle, DE
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serves as a consultant/subject matter expert in relation to benefit issues in order to align benefit decisions with the organization’s benefit and total rewards philosophy and the business strategy. Develops a comprehensive understanding of client business issues and priorities; effectively analyzes and diagnoses problems; provides clear advice and recommendations to help management make sound business decisions
- Coordinates projects and initiatives which include one or more of the following tasks: creation of project plan, development of communication materials, testing of configuration and/or data, training, etc.
- Provides accurate interpretation of benefit policies and guidance regarding benefit programs to employees, managers and HR Service Center
- Keeps abreast of current legislation such as COBRA, HIPAA, Medicare, ERISA, etc. and ensures all plans are in compliance. Completes and submits all governmental required filings in a timely manner
- Reviews summary plan description, plan documents, Total Rewards and Answer Source (on line documentation) for accuracy
- Tests Ultipro configuration changes, validation and interfaces
- Offers prompt solutions and looks for areas of improvement in processes and procedures and offers recommendations
- Participates in third-party benefit surveys; compiles, analyzes and evaluates survey data results and compares results to our benefit offerings
- Serves as a key vendor liaison in regards to data analysis, interfaces, error report review and communication relating to benefit offering
- Manages vendor RFP selection process
- Participates in the design and implementation of new benefit programs and systems.
- Participates in special projects as assigned by Director of Benefits
- Performs assigned work safely, adhering to established departmental safety rules and practices. Reports to supervisor, in a timely manner, any unsafe activities, conditions, hazards, or safety violations that may cause injury to oneself, other employees, patients and visitors.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or related field.
Five years’ experience in benefits or related field.
An equivalent combination of education and experience
Christiana Care Health System is proud to be an equal opportunity employer whose staff is representative of its community and considers qualified applicants for open positions without regard to race, color, gender identity or expression, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, disability, or genetic information.
Job Classification: Professional
Job Requisition #: 31129BR
Christiana Care Health Systems - 16 months ago
Christiana Care Health System, headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, is one of the country's largest health care providers, ranking 22nd in...