DST Brokerage Solutions is a new DST subsidiary with a forward trending culture, and we’re assembling a team that values innovation and creativity. We’re building a top-notch, sophisticated suite of applications for the broker/dealer market that will facilitate integrated, seamless communication between multiple user platforms. This is a new venture with the stability and marketing force of a Fortune 1000 company.
We are currently hiring a MS SQL Developer to execute new client implementations.
This position is available in Downtown KC MO.
- Create complex stored procedures, triggers, functions and cursors in MSSQL Server using T-SQL
- Collaborate with the application developers in data modeling and E-R design of the systems
- Write T-SQL statements using DML and DDL for retrieval of data
- Maintain the documents and create reports for the business analysts and end-users
- Analysis & Design phases of SDLC
- Understand programming requirements and system specifications for ETL implementation projects
- Understand current systems, coding and testing requirements
- Build SSIS or Pentaho package to schedule the jobs for batch processing
- Translate complicated enterprise specific business rules and procedures into appropriate application logic
- Design & write structured and consistent code
- Document code
- Execute repeatable unit testing processes for change control
- 3 - 5 years of experience as a MSSQL Developer writing complex T-SQLs stored procedures and triggers
- Experience in developing Web services, Windows services using C#, VB.Net, ASP.NET
- Experience in programming and design principles, methodologies, tools and techniques
- A demonstrated record of high performance standards, including attention to schedules, deadlines, and quality work
- Working knowledge of all phases of SDLC
- Ability to adapt Agile development methods to data projects
- Proven analytical abilities and organizational skills
- Experience writing technical documentation, including specifications, design, unit test, release, etc…
Programming languages: SQL, T-SQL, XML, XSLT, .NET, ADO.Net, HTML, MSSQL Reporting Services
DBMS: SQL-Server 2005, SQL-Server 2008, MSSQL Reporting Services
Operating Systems: Windows 2003, XP, 2000, NT, and MS DOS
- Financial industry background, and understanding of terms and concepts in the Brokerage space
- ETL processing experience including design patterns, auditing, and exception processing
- Experience designing, coding and testing ETL applications
- Excellent written and oral communication skills Required Skills Sofware Engineer
The feeling is mutual at DST Systems. The company provides information processing software and services to the mutual fund industry,...