Our client is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer in Santa Monica, CA.
The Senior Systems Engineer will work with our client's operations and development team resources to implement and maintain their service platform, Amazon Cloud servers, LAMP and J2EE applications. These platforms are based on Red Hat Linux, CENTOS and Ubuntu.
The Senior Systems Engineer will be responsible for building and maintaining the high-availability 24/7 J2EE application, and provides deep architectural and procedural knowledge for systems. All infrastructure initiatives within the company that involve JBoss, Apache, Monitoring, Oracle, MySQL etc. will fall under this person's purview.
- Design and implement system architecture
- Application Support/Problem Management
- Troubleshoot hardware, software application and data center assets
- Develop/maintain operational tools/scripts used to monitor application and system processing
- Performance monitoring/reporting
- Performance Tuning of hardware/software/apps
- Implement Backup and Recovery process and technology
- System Availability / System Capacity Planning
- Installation and support of Software/Hardware
- Software release upgrades and conversions (includes maintenance, patches, enhancements)
- Perform security/disaster recovery planning, implementation, testing
- Maintenance of Linux / UNIX Practices
- Develop and enforce Information Security
- Review and implement security alerts
- Recommend and implement security requirements
Kforce - 7 months ago
Kforce (Nasdaq:KFRC) is a professional staffing and solutions firm providing flexible and permanent staffing solutions in the skill areas of...