The Customer Service Advocate performs account analysis and educates guarantors; receives and responds to patient, professional and clinical inquiries; resolves problems, concerns, insurance, coding and billing questions; coordinates the application process for Community Care and other assistance programs; manages all incoming internal and external customer phone calls, e-mails, and written correspondence; addresses patient complaints, financial concerns and other issues; reviews, verifies and evaluates demographic and third party payer information; processes assigned computer generated bills; posts payments and/or adjustments; reviews and/or processes self pay credit balances; communicates with Insurance Clerks, Quality Management, and Benefit Clerks; assists with ground/air ambulance transfer financial approvals; provides price estimates to patient, providers and others; provides notary public services; assists patients and providers with completion of and timely return of disability forms, and files Workers Compensation interventions and liability liens. |
• Associate Degree from a business or technical college with emphasis in business/accounting or office skills, or equivalent work experience.
• Strong public relations/customer service skills including the ability to handle conflict with tact and diplomacy.
• Demonstrated capabilities in problem solving, organizational and time management skills.
• Demonstrated ability to utilize data and reports.
• Basic understanding of health care and medical billing terminology, insurance billing, coding, registration process, patient pricing and collection cycles.
• Excellent verbal and written communication and listening skills including telephone skills and e-mail etiquette.
• Experience with office computer software packages, including spreadsheets and word processing; proficient typing skills.
• Experience in a health care organization.
Altru Health System - 13 months ago