Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide academic assistance to assigned tutees, either in a group or individually.
- Attend periodic training sessions to increase competency in working with students.
- Be responsible for maintaining records on each student who is being tutored, including follow-up and periodic assessment.
- Provide evaluations and other reports
- Help students develop positive attitudes toward learning and studying.
- Help students develop self-confidence, raise self-concept, and reduce anxiety or fear of failure in academic work.
- Help students develop a high level of motivation in academic areas.
- Assist students in achieving a better understanding of specific subject material and in improving academic capabilities in designated areas.
- Help students develop the study skills necessary for academic success.
- Establish and maintain rapport with the assigned student(s).
- Serve as a role model for students being served.
- Be available for all scheduled tutoring sessions with students.
If you are seeking a growing organization where you can use your talents to help others achieve their goals, join Strayer University. We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including a 90% tuition discount and significant career growth opportunities.
- Academic Tutors must have a minimum of a Master’s degree in a field relevant to the subject matter they are tutoring.
- Previous academic teaching or tutoring experience is strongly preferred.
Strayer University - 2 years ago
Strayer University makes it possible to go back to school while holding down a job. Focusing on providing higher education programs for work...