# of openings: 1
Channel Manager - Speciality Retail Dealer
The Channel Manager – Speciality Retail Dealer – will establish the marketing strategy for the Speciality Retail Dealer business including the promotions strategy, product strategy, pricing strategy, channel strategy, and communications strategy that will most effectively allow Simonton to achieve its potential profitable growth. In addition, this position will drive results and lead projects with a cross-functional team affecting the design, manufacturing, sale, distribution, promotion, communications, and marketing success of the assigned channel and associated product lines. The Channel Manager will also work with outside vendors or the Simonton Product Development Center to develop product line extensions and enhancements
Channel Manager – has specific responsibility to:
Attributes and Characteristics
- Develop and manage marketing programs, campaigns and trends to achieve sales, business objectives and drive profitability for their respective channel.
- Lead the strategic planning and tactical execution of programs to support the channel and associated product lines including the preparation of annual business plans, growth plans, etc.
- Perform detailed competitive analysis. Predict and stay current with the demand for products and services offered by the company and its competitors
- Maintain the product matrices for the assigned product lines and those of competitors
- Work with the marketing team to develop marketing communications plans to support assigned customer groups, current and new product lines including collateral, merchandising, promotions, advertising, public relations, etc.
- Work closely with the New Product Development teams and Codes and Compliance to stay abreast of changing codes
- Work closely with cross-function teams (internal and external), including sales, marketing, engineering, manufacturing, new product development and finance, etc., to ensure channel objectives are met
- Partner with key customers and Sales to assist in the capture of competitive information, customer challenges, pricing issues, market needs and criteria critical to new product development.
- Oversee all digital activities relative to the channel and product lines and ensure the information is updated on a regular basis
- Review and provide analysis on accessories and options regarding pricing, refinements, profitability within designated brands
- Maintain and update the competitive research library
The successful candidate will have the following attributes & characteristics:
The successful candidate will have the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Self motivated individual who clearly defines the end goal and directs a multifunctional team to accomplish that goal
- Resilient and able to deal with challenging situations in a positive manner
- Recognizes how daily decisions and activities impact the business.
- Seeks ways to improve current processes
- Uses technical knowledge and expertise consistently to achieve business results
- Established and maintains positive and supportive relationships with internal and external customers
- Meets or exceeds financial goals consistently. Uses all company resources in a responsible manner
- Uses available information and resources to make sound and timely decisions
- Takes responsibility for decisions
- Channel and/or Product Management skills with demonstrated experience in growing share, sales and profitability
- Ability to motivate cross-functional teams to execute programs within approved timetables
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
Simonton Windows is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in Marketing, Engineering or Business; MBA is preferred
- A Minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in product/channel management to dealers, remodelers or contractors
- Ability to Travel 50% of time
Simonton Windows produces ENERGY STAR® qualified replacement and new construction windows and doors, including a line of impact-resistant products. For a third consecutive year, consumers nationwide have rated Simonton Windows highest in customer satisfaction in the J.D. Power and Associates 2012 Windows and Patio Doors Satisfaction Study (SM).
Simonton was also ranked #1 in quality in the 2009, 2007, 2002 and 1998 Brand Use Studies sponsored by Builder magazine and has won three Best In Class Awards from Market Research Associates.
Founded in 1946, Simonton’s hallmark has been to deliver its made-to-order products in five days or less. A Fortune Brands Home and Security company (NYSE: FBHS), Simonton delivers award-recognized products nationwide to key markets throughout the 48 continental United States. Simonton is a founding sponsor of The Weather Museum and a supporter of Homes for Our Troops. For information, call (800) SIMONTON (1-800-746-6686) or visit www.simonton.com.
Fortune Brands Home & Security, Inc. - 23 months ago