Bellevue University offers quality liberal arts and career-oriented programs at undergraduate and graduate levels to a diverse student body through both in-class and online venues. Our College of Science and Technology is currently looking for an energetic and knowledgeable individual to fill our Assistant Professor- Database Systems position.
Primary Function: This position is best filled by a well-rounded and ambitious educator/scholar truly interested in a full-time faculty position in Database Systems. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate understanding of database models, languages, security, administration and systems; data warehouses; and data management. The ideal candidate will have related industry experience and a strong network of affiliations within the Database Systems community.
- Prepares, delivers, and maintains curriculum in both online and classroom formats at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Participates in program assessment, student advising and committee service.
- Performs all internal and external duties with established procedures and policies as determined by the Dean.
Bellevue University is the largest private, non-profit university in Nebraska. It is located just south of Omaha, Nebraska. Bellevue University emphasizes teaching excellence, cyber-active learning, and interactive education. Omaha is a vibrant and prosperous community of nearly 500,000 people with three major universities, five fortune 100 companies, and a large unified military command. In 2009, Forbes identified Omaha as the nation's number one "Best Bang-For-The Buck City" and number one on "America's Fastest-Recovering Cities" list.
- Ph.D. in Database Systems or a related field. (Master's degree with additional experience will be considered.)
- 3 years minimum relevant industry experience outside of academia.
- Experience in teaching and curriculum development at the post-secondary level across a broad and diverse spectrum of Database Systems topics and courses.
- A commitment to excellence in teaching and scholastic activities.
For more information about us check out our home page at http://www.bellevue.edu
HigherEdJobs - 13 months ago