Actavis Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Actavis Group, a global leader in developing, manufacturing and marketing high-quality generic medications with more than $2.25 billion in worldwide sales in 2010. Approximately one-third of all sales are generated in the United States, Actavis’ largest single market and home to seven locations: three in New Jersey, two in Florida and one each in Maryland and North Carolina.
Responsibilities will include:
- Support and coordination of various calibration activities within the Facilities Systems group. Responsible for daily oversight of field calibrations. Provides primary technical support for field calibration team.
- Works with system owners to strategically plan and schedule monthly field calibration activities (both scheduled and unscheduled calibrations).
- Initiates new instrument specifications into calibration management system. Prepares calibration management system SOPs and provides external calibration contractor training.
- Review and Approval of Field Calibration Certificates performed internally and by external contractors.
- Instrument Assessments, Specification and Procurement
- Perform as needed field instrument calibrations and diagnose instrument failures as required.
- Change Control Preparation for Instrument Additions / Removals
- Calibration Database Entry and Maintenance
- Calibration SOP Development
- Out of Tolerance reporting
- Maintain Reference and Spare Instrument Inventory
Actavis is a values-driven organization that encourages and rewards ambition, creativity and accountability; and is active in local communities. Actavis is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers an attractive compensation and benefits package to support its goal of being an “employer of choice” in the industry.
- High School Diploma required
- BA/BS in Engineering, Computer Science or Related Field preferred
- Min 5 Years related experience in a Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Environment. ISA Level 1 preferred.
- Strong Technical Skills
- Ability to work cross functionally
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs and physically access instrumentation in remote locations.
Actavis - 2 years ago
As its name implies, the Actavis U.S. is the US manufacturing and marketing unit of global generics firm Actavis. The company makes some 150...