Penn National Gaming has thrilled and entertained guests since 1971 when it all began as a horse racing venue. From a single race track, we have grown to be one of the nation’s largest gaming companies, operating properties that offer broad and diverse gaming and pari-mutuel wagering experiences. PENN is dedicated to becoming the undisputed leader in guest service by offering a Red Carpet experience for each and every guest.
Hollywood Casino Lawrenceburg is currently looking for a Casino Sales Assistant to join the team.
SUMMARY: Support the Group Sales Team through accurate billing and timely collection efforts to ensure full payment is collected for all billable services rendered. Perform all necessary administrative duties for the accurate processing of new and existing group business.
Your daily responsibilities include:
- Assist Group Sales with on-going tasks and projects.
- Provide training for Casino Greeters as needed.
- Assist Casino Greeters with creation of new Player’s Card accounts for bus patrons/groups.
- Distribute complimentary gifts, if applicable.
- Perform Delphi Administrator roles and tasks.
- Ensure complete accuracy of group data in Delphi Sales System.
- Ensure group data in LMS Property Management System is consistent with data in Delphi Sales System.
- Audit each component of each Group Sales Event to ensure accurate posting of all Banquet Event Orders.
- Work with Banquet Manager and Catering Manager / Coordinator to ensure document accuracy.
- Post contract negotiation; work with the group contact to ensure timely collection of all group deposits as outlined in each group contract.
- Ensure final group billing is completed within 72 hours of each group’s departure.
- Work with group contact on any outstanding balances owed post departure.
- Ensure final group payment is received in a timely manner.
- Ensure all group master accounts are in a “checked out” status of the LMS system within 72 hours of departure.
- Call clients with focus on collections of past due balances.
- Report any groups not posting final payment within 7 business days from departure to the Hotel Manager.
- Responsible for weekly and monthly reporting from Delphi Sales System and LMS Property Management System.
- Responsible for year-over-year and day-over-day group sales analysis and reporting.
- Work closely with Hotel, Sales, and Banquet staff when necessary to perform all necessary job duties.
- Responsible for resolving any group billing disputes in a timely manner.
- Responsible for reporting any process breakdowns resulting in lack of service or causing a re-imbursement of revenues to the client to the Hotel Manager.
- Any and all other job duties assigned by Hotel Manager or a member of management.
- Provide positive communication and use Red Carpet Training skills with every patron and co-worker.
- Perform duties in a safe manner; report any potential safety hazards to management staff.
- Perform any reasonable, temporarily assigned job duties outside the position’s job description, where, in the Company’s judgment, those duties are necessary in the interest of efficiency, productivity, or guest service.
To be successful in this position it will require the following skill set:
- Must be 21 years of age
- Read, write legibly, understand and speak English
- Able to tolerate second-hand smoke, noise, bright lights
- Able to work at a fast pace in often crowded/noisy environment
- Must meet professional appearance standards as prescribed by company policy.
- Available to work required schedule which may include nights, weekends, holidays and overtime as needed
- Cast Member is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The Cast Member is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
- The Cast Member must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school preferred; high school diploma required; Minimum of two years related experience and /or training: or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Something to leave you with:
If you’re truly committed to a red-carpet service culture, then you need a team that is just as dedicated in pursuing that vision. Penn National Gaming is the place where we empower our cast members to deliver that WOW factor to our guests and in turn we will provide them an opportunity to build an “A” list career portfolio. You will soon understand why “It’s Good To Be PENN!”
Penn National Gaming, Inc. - 2 years ago