- Duties focus on assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating perioperative patient care and acting as a patient advocate at all times.
Obtaining equipment and supplies for assigned procedures and anticipating needs of surgeon and other "scrubbed" personnel.
- Ascertains that sterile technique is maintained and corrects any noted "breaks".
- Verifies patient identity, correct surgical procedure, and completeness of necessary records, lab test, x-rays, etc.
- Notifies surgeon/anesthesia of unusual circumstances and takes appropriate emergency actions.
- Maintains/restocks supplies in ORs and supply room and in assigned specialty areas.
- Prioritizes effectively to expedite "turn over time" and procedure time.
- Maintains positive working relationship with physicians and fellow employees - recognizes personal limitations and seeks guidance.
- Acts as a role model and mentor for new staff.
- Duties require interaction with different patient age groups, i.e., neonate, child, adolescents, adults, and the elderly, and requires recognition that different age groups require specialized attention or care.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing.
- Current licensure as a registered nurse by the Missouri State Board of Nursing.
- One year or more prior operating room experience preferred.
- BCLS required.
- CNOR desirable.
- Communication and an attitude of responsiveness is absolutely key to all positions in the per-operative area.
- A “can-do” attitude is required for the exemplary customer service expected.
- Teamwork along with a strong work ethic and a positive attitude are required.
- These traits equate to excellent service to patients, family members, physicians and co-workers.
- Teamwork also enhances patient safety as perioperative staff work together. “Together we make a difference through our commitment to excellence in health care.”
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
SoutheastHEALTH - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard