The Cashroom Clerk I is a junior level cashroom clerk responsible for performing a variety of clerical accounting functions, such as compiling and sorting operating cash, calculating and verifying cash amounts, and processing bank deposits and withdrawals, as well as performing all other responsibilities as directed by the business or assigned by Management. This is a non-exempt position and typically reports to the Controller, Assistant Controller or the General Manager, depending on local requirements.
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Work Environment :
- Prepares and collects cashier and manager change banks; orders, maintains and distributes change according to branch needs
- Witnesses and records cash amounts turned in by associates who have responsibility for cash handling; verifies these amounts via manual or mechanical counting
- Prepares bank deposits and submits bank withdrawal requests in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Completes applicable documentation accurately and according to corporate policies and procedures, as well as reviews documentation completed by others to ensure proper completion and accuracy
- Communicates all questionable transactions and/or documentation to the Controller and/or General Manager
- Requires a High School diploma or general education development (GED) diploma
- Requires a minimum of 1 year cash handling experience; clerical accounting experience preferred
- Demonstrates the ability to interact with the public and coworkers in a friendly, enthusiastic and outgoing manner
- Requires the ability to speak, read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence and policy documents, as well as converse comfortably with customers
- Requires basic keyboarding or other repetitive motions.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Drug Free Workplace (DFW)
HMSHost - 12 months ago
HMSHost is part of Autogrill S.p.A. – the world’s largest provider of food and beverage services for travelers. Along with the...