Tenet, through its subsidiaries, owns and operates acute care hospitals and numerous related health care services. Our mission is to be recognized for our commitment to our people and partners who provide quality, innovative care to the patients we serve in our communities. It's a spirit you can experience first-hand and it's a philosophy that can enhance your own approach to health care and your career goals.
Performs routine but varied clerical duties in accordance with the standard procedures of the department. The clerk shall apply knowledge of department policies and procedures in order to maintain and file patient records, prepare forms, verify information, and resolve routine office problems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
include the following:
1. Maintains appropriate clinical/clerical standards. Follows the policy and procedures as written in the Company Policy and Procedure Manual
2. Receives incoming telephone calls, exercises judgment to prioritize calls, and courteously direct calls to the appropriate personnel in a prudent and efficient manner.
3. Conducts courteous interviews of patients and/or representative to obtain and record name, address, age, persons to notify in case of emergency, attending Physician, and individual or insurance company responsible for payment of bill.
4. Enters patient admitting information into computer and routes printed copy to designated department.
5. Receives payment on account and perform necessary accounting duties in accordance with the standard procedures of the department.
6. Arranges for escort of patient to assigned room or station.
7. Responsible for daily ledger balancing and preparation of bank deposits.
8. Performs other duties, which may be assigned from time to time by the Clinical Director, Clinical Supervisors or other members of management.
9. Participates in department quality improvement activities, staff educational programs, attends departmental meetings, and demonstrates and maintains competency in accordance with Company guidelines.
10. Other duties as needed
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Responds promptly to customer needs.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings.
- Presents data effectively.
- Balances team and individual responsibilities; Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Keeps commitments; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Follows policies and procedures.
- Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
- Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks.
- Reacts well under pressure; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience High School Diploma or Equivalent and at least 2 years experience in a medial setting preferably an urgent care center or a family practice.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of EMR, DocuTap, Excel Spreadsheet software and MS Word Processing software.
060-Camp Creek Urgent Care Center
Tenet Healthcare - 22 months ago