Kipling, founded in 1987, is a leading European lifestyle brand with design-driven products sold in more than 40 countries worldwide. The product line includes handbags, luggage, backpacks and accessories.
Kipling offers an ideal environment for motivated, focused professionals eager for success! We are seeking a candidate for an
position in our
The position requires someone that is personable, energetic, highly organized and hard working. Individual should have a passion for the fashion industry and should enjoy working with a team. Candidates will be responsible for driving sales, mentoring associates, merchandising and loss prevention. The goal of the Assistant Store Manager maximize sales and profits by taking responsibility for aspects of the store's operations while playing an active role on the sales floor. Prior handbag experience is preferred.
VF Sportswear, Inc. is a leading international fashion and lifestyle company with products ranging from sportswear and accessories to a complete home collection. Through its subsidiaries it designs, sources, markets and distributes apparel under the following brands: Nautica, Nautica Competition, Nautica Jeans Company and Kipling.
The VF Corporation is a leader in branded apparel including jeanswear, sportswear, outdoor products, and workwear. We are a publicly held company listed on The New York Stock Exchange (ticker symbol: vfc) with locations in over 150 countries around the world. VF will grow by building leading lifestyle brands that excite consumers around the world. Log onto
for more company information.
If interested, please visit
and click on the Careers link to apply.
Years of Related Professional Experience: 1-3.
Previous retail store management experience requiredCollege degree preferred and/or equivalent years of education and experience.
Very good communication skills (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
Strong organizational skills; ability to multitask and prioritize
Strong problem solving and decision making skills
High level of initiative (self-motivation)
Some mobility may be required (ie. reaching, crawling, lifting)
1. SALES - to help drive business and maximize sales (achieving sales, UPT, and ADS goals) through customer service, product knowledge, housekeeping standards, merchandise presentation, promotion, and signage.
2. OPERATIONS - to understand and assist the Store Manager in efficiently implementing all operational policies and procedures in order to satisfy the needs of the customer while helping the company achieve its goals.
3. LOSS PREVENTION, INVENTORY CONTROL, & SAFETY - to adhere to company direction regarding loss prevention in order to maintain a safe environment while limiting potential loss (achieving the store's established Inventory goal); to help plan and execute organized physical inventories; and to always act in a manner that presents a safe working and shopping environment.
4. RECRUITING & HIRING - when appropriate, to assist the Store Manager through effective recruiting and interviewing, to find and bring to the company employees who possess the skills necessary to help the store achieve its goals.
5. TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT - to help train and develop a staff to consistently perform to both their own potential and company standards through daily coaching, meetings, input on performance evaluations, and disciplinary measures.
6. DECISION MAKING - to help plan, implement, and follow up on responsibilities and tasks, while recognizing and overcoming obstacles so that the desired results may be accomplished.
7. FINANCIAL - to help control store expenses, including payroll (achieving the store's annual goal), supplies, and services.
8. PUBLIC RELATIONS - to always represent themselves and the company in a professional and responsible manner when communicating with others both inside and outside the company.
The movie Fast Times at Ridgemont High put Vans sneakers on the map, but the company owes its current popularity to the fashion sense of...