Under general supervision, works closely with business development managers to coordinate and execute on business development plans and materials. Prepares and updates marketing and business development collateral. Assists in preparing customized pitches/RFPs, presentations, and marketing events. Researches and provides input into targeted marketing methods including social media, CLE seminars, organizational affiliations, and initiatives. Ensures meticulous execution of all projects and work, with data and content consistently accurate and well presented. Attains synergies through effective collaboration. Ensures client service and satisfaction are attained in all areas of the position.
1. Consistently promote and model the Firm’s Client Service Principles in leadership, teamwork, work product, and personal interaction.
2. Promote client service throughout department; ensure client service standards are set and achieved by team; provide coaching and mentoring to staff to ensure client service is accomplished individually and through teamwork.
Business Development Coordination
1. Collaborate closely with business development managers, providing responsive, effective assistance in executing on business development plans. Apply understanding of plans, including their strategic objectives and practice group-specific needs, preferences, and industry standards. Make recommendations for improvements, taking full ownership over assignments.
2. Edit, update, and maintain practice group marketing materials, including practice group descriptions, attorney biographies, and content for the website. Draft new collateral as requested.
3. Assist in preparing pitches and RFPs, including research, coordinating collateral, and assembling materials. Coordinate closely with Marketing Pitch Hub to ensure end result is accurate and thoroughly prepared. Assist in tracking results and preparing responsive reports and analyses incorporating recommendations for increasing effectiveness.
4. Create dynamic PowerPoint presentations for partner pitches and internal communications.
5. Provide requested research using Firm and online tools to develop intelligence on prospective targets, industries, markets, etc.
6. Coordinate and provide supporting research for speaking and sponsorship opportunities.
7. Participate in the production and presentation of client development seminars. Coordinate details, processes, communications, arrangements, etc. through all stages of development and implementation as needed. Analyze data resulting from client development seminars and provide summaries and recommendations to support business development plans.
8. Coordinate with Marketing Creative Services in applying brand standards, using firm templates, preparing files for print productions, and performing press checks.
9. Participate in completing timely submissions to directories and ranking authorities.
10. Participate in keeping databases current for assigned Business Development Group.
Collaborate with Marketing Managers and Staff
1. Identify improvement opportunities through collecting and proactively sharing information with peers and others on the Marketing team.
2. Collaborate closely with managers and staff in all areas of Marketing to ensure strong intra-departmental communication, client service, and seamless deployment of marketing programs. Develop effective relationships with other offices to facilitate business development and marketing events and services.
1. Remain current in trends within marketing and in relevant practice areas and clients.
2. Be knowledgeable of existing and new tools and sources regarding practice area-related research. Ensure expertise in technology relevant to the position.
3. Ensure client service and performance consistently meet Career and Compensation Management Program (“CCMP”) expectations for Matrix Level 4.
Ensure compliance with the firm’s Confidentiality Policy, including safeguarding confidential and personal information, and reporting any suspected breach appropriately and immediately.
Adhere to the firm’s General Safety Practices and any unique safety practices for department and building.
Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
1. Bachelor’s degree, preferably in marketing or related field. Three years of relevant experience in professional services marketing; law firm experience preferred.
Teamwork and Applied Skills
1. High degree of motivation, with driving sense of responsibility, accountability, and responsiveness.
2. Excellent writing skills. Ability to prepare focused and specialized written materials.
3. Excellent attention to detail skills in all areas, including writing, copy editing, researching, and managing data.
4. Outstanding interpersonal skills and capability to work effectively in a matrixed organization.
5. Excellent organizational skills; ability to manage multiple requests, assess priorities, and achieve solutions under deadlines. Ability to follow essential instructions.
6. Talent for creating client satisfaction; demonstrated ability to focus on the client value in all work.
7. Flexibility and willingness to work hours needed to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
8. Ability to keep confidential any information, observations, or viewpoints regarding firm business matters.
How to Apply
Morrison & Foerster is not accepting resumes or referrals from agencies. If you are a recruiter, search firm, or employment agency, you will not be compensated in any way for your referral of a candidate even if Morrison & Foerster hires the candidate.
Morrison & Foerster LLP
425 Market Street
San Francisco, CA 94105
Morrison & Foerster is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Morrison & Foerster - 4 years ago