The Certified Patient Care Assistant assists the registered nurse, respiratory therapist, physical therapist, occupational therapist and child life specialist in selected direct patient care activities that can be delegated after assessment by the professional discipline. The Certified Patient Care Assistant works under the direction of the registered nurse. QUALIFICATIONS/KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES
- Requires ability to attend to details.
- Requires Certification as Nursing Assistant by state of Indiana in good standing or certification within 120 days of completion of CNA training (must be eligible to take first available exam).
- CPR required within 30 days of employment
- Requires knowledge of care appropriate to the age and developmental level of the patients served.
- Requires ability to set priorities and manage a high workload within limited time for completion.
- Requires proficiency in interpersonal and communication skills.
- Requires knowledge of procedures and standards related to patient care activities.
- Requires knowledge of principles of infection control.
- Requires ability to perform physically demanding; repetitious movements.
- Requires ability to read and perform basic math.
Ball Memorial Hospital - 12 months ago