Schedules exams for patients, performs pre-registration, faxes and scans documents, handles customer service related requests, communicates preparations, handles call backs, coordinates legal records requests and performs various other clerical tasks.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Displays excellent communication skills and telephone etiquette.
· Answers incoming calls in a courteous and professional manner - identifies self and company.
· Places calls to referring physicians for patients expressing difficulty with scheduling.
· Maintains self control when dealing with difficult patients and or situations.
· Identifies patients with special needs and shows care and compassion.
· Maintains good rapport with referring physicians, secretaries and clinical site staff.
· Enters accurate information in RIS for appointment scheduling, rescheduling, cancellation and comment entry.
· Updates account information at the point of scheduling.
· Properly schedules all procedures.
· Utilizes RIS filter screens to answer questions associated with insurance, procedures and preps.
· Communicates and interacts with all departments effectively and professionally.
· Meets incoming call volume quota.
· Pre-registers, faxes reports, scans documents, inputs clinical data as needed for appointment and requests films as needed.
· Other duties as assigned.
Requirements (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities):
· Must be able to type and file accurately with precise data entry skills.
· Knowledge of medical terminology.
· Knowledge of medical insurance plans.
· Ability to schedule and register patients rapidly and accurately.
· General knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office software.
· Provide clear written and verbal communication.
· Detail oriented.
· Ability to multi-task and be organized.
Education & Experience Requirements:
The above knowledge, skills and abilities may be demonstrated by a high school diploma or equivalent and experience working in a call center environment.
'RadNet is in equal opportunity employer, committed to cultural diversity. RadNet will provide equal consideration for employment to all qualified applicants without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition.''
Radnet Inc - 17 months ago