We are a software company of about 100 users and we are looking for an experienced Linux/IT Administrator to manage about 300 physical servers. 50% of the servers are in the VM environment. Besides patch update, OS installation and performance monitoring, this administrator needs to perform VM management like cleaning up unused VMs, create new VMs, migrate VMs and make sure all VM servers are in good performance states. Also, the administrator will maintain the inventory of all the servers and handle RMA of servers' broken parts. We are looking for an administrator who can come in and take an initiative to improve our engineering infrastructure.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Install and connect new servers
- Install/Configure and administer Ubuntu/RedHat/SLES and other Linux operating systems
- Install/Configure VMserver
- Develop/maintain UNIX infrastructure, including NIS/NFS/LDAP.
- Set up images of OS, SW and patches in PXE boot server
- Admin NIS server and maintain NIS in our UNIX infrastructure
- Monitor and Automate and systems UNIX admin tasks.
- Monitor daily tasks; troubleshoot problems, and performance tuning.
- Develop and maintain engineering infrastructure documentation and layout diagrams.
- Administer Atlassian products: Jira, Confluence, Crowd
- Administer Engineering tools: Subversion, SVN, Reviewboard, Git
- Diagnose and repair hardware and software failures.
- Experience in Ubuntu and RedHat Administration is a must.
- Familiarity with different type of Linux installation.
- Experience in setting up NIS environment is a must.
- Experience in hardware and software RAID is a must.
- Experience in Ganglia Monitoring System is a must.
- Experience in VMware is a must.
- Experience with managing large scale VM environment.
- Experience in some scripting (shell, python, perl . . .) is a must.
- Experience in Atlassian products like Jira, Confluence, Crowd
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Quick learner, Self-starter, Service oriented and can-do work attitude.
- Flexible and Work well in a team environment
- Experience with PXE boot.
- Must have 5+ years Linux administration experience.
- Must have a Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related discipline
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, are required
Americas-United States-California-San Mateo
Aster Data Engineering
Teradata - 23 months ago
Trillions of bytes of data don't faze Teradata. The company designs and implements enterprise data warehousing systems that store and...