Resolvit IT & Management Consulting (Resolvit) is looking to add a Mobile/Wireless Software Engineer to our team. The successful candidate will be responsible developing open source software for mobile and wireless products, including:
The ideal candidate will have experience with:
- Customizing the boot loaders, the Linux kernel, and a Linux operating system to run on a Texas Instruments Sitara and OMAP ARM system.
- Customizing the partitioning on NAND flash using UBIFS to run the operating system.
- Customizing wireless drives to work with standard Linux user space tools (e.g., hostapd).
- Integrating third party C/C++ API's into a standard Linux file system and write server side programs to use API's.
- Breaking the Linux kernel into modules that can be loaded and unloaded as needed.
General Education/Experience Requirements:
- Customizing and compiling operating systems from different Linux and BSD distributions including but not limited to Gentoo, Android, Ubuntu, Debain, FreeBSD, and NetBSD for x86 and ARM based hardware.
- Building embedded and fully featured operating systems that enable support for mobile applications, networking, media servers, storage, and distributed file systems.
- Implementing SDKs and/or customized libraries, services, API’s, and package management for storage devices and servers.
- Customizing different java run time environments including Oracle JRE, OpenJDK, and Cacao to optimize performance on embedded systems.
- Developing software specifications and managing the work of other software developers, testers, and analysts.
- Customizing drivers and libraries for USB, HDMI, MMC, Bluetooth, wireless, SATA, SAS, and 4G on custom embedded hardware.
- Creating build systems for managing software releases.
- B.S. in related technical field, such as computer science, information systems, engineering, mathematics, science.
- Ten years minimum of total software development/architecture experience. Four years minimum specific experience in open source software development on embedded hardware.
We're a progressive management and IT consulting firm that helps clients' businesses grow with the power of our people—functional and technical experts who bridge the gap between IT and the business that it supports.
Our projects focus on software development and infrastructure support in the vertical markets of: telecommunications, healthcare and biotechnology, manufacturing and distribution, finance, media, and government. Our project managers, programmers, designers, analysts, and engineers support Fortune 1000 clients.
We've grown 121% over the last two years. How? We hire the best in their fields—results-focused professionals with skills that are re-deployable from one engagement to the next. Our employees receive excellent benefits to include Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Tuition Reimbursement and more.
At Resolvit, you'll be one of the people growing our business. We'd like to make you part of our success. Contact us to discuss your future.
Click here to apply online
Resolvit, LLC is dedicated to providing technology and business consulting solutions to clients in the New York City, Washington, DC,...