Jacobs ESSSA Group offers a partnership in which you can grow personally and professionally with the advantages of strong leadership, competitive compensation, and rewarding career paths. Come join the team whose work is destined to have a long-range effect on future generations!
This position is for a Senior Solid Propulsion Engineer who will work in a highly integrated team performing design and manufacturing support for solid rocket motors.
Primary duties would include:
- Design and manufacturing support for Propellant-Lining-Insulation (PLI) materials in large motor designs.
- Support development and qualification of new materials for use in solid motors through testing and analysis.
- Support design assessments and decisions on propellant ballistics for large motors.
- Attend technical interchange, project planning, design review and other appropriate meetings to maintain a current knowledge base of design, requirements, issues, action items, and resolution activities.
- Translate higher level requirements into lower level functional requirements and design options. Support trade studies/assessments to determine the optimal design solutions.
- Collect data and perform assessments on the system to continually assess compliance against requirements.
- Support relevant anomaly investigations and failure investigation teams. Identify and pursue resolution of issues.
Degree from an ABET accredited institution in Aerospace Engineering or related field required. Education requirements are either the equivalent of a Ph.D., with minimum of 12 years experience, a Masters with at least 15 years experience, or BS with at least 20 years experience.
- Demonstrated ability to critically examine specifications and requirements in support of Program milestone reviews.
- Direct experience in design and manufacture of PLI materials in large motor designs is highly desirable.
- A solid background in propellant ballistics to support design decisions is highly desirable.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products such as Power-Point, Excel, and Word is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
Proof of U.S. Citizenship is required.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Jacobs does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by country, regional or local law.
Requires sitting for extended periods of time at a desk in the MSFC NASA facility to perform technical tasks (90%). Requires ability to walk between floors and between multiple buildings at MSFC NASA facility (10%).
Office environment. Requires ability to interact professionally with co-workers and all levels of management (100%). Requires ability to provide clear, concise, and accurate communication, both verbally and in writing (100%). Requires excellent organizational skills (100%).
Equipment and Machines:
Requires ability to operate a personal computer, a telephone, fax machine, copier, and other general office equipment (100%).
Normal hours are 7:30 a.m. through 4:30 p.m., 5 days per week. Attendance and being prompt is important to provide continuous service to the customer. Overtime is minimal, but important when required (5%).
Other Essential Functions:
Ability to work independently with minimal supervision. Requires ability to make rational decisions and exercise good judgment. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
Jacobs Technology - 17 months ago