Project Leader-Mining Solutions-1300766
BASF is proud to be an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
Project Leader- Tucson, AZ
This is an exciting time to join our diverse and growing group in Tucson, AZ. If you have experience working on projects and bringing products to market in the scientific field and want to be part of a collaborative group, then this position is for you.
BASF Mining Solutions offers an extensive range of mineral processing reagents to the Mining Industry worldwide. We provide you with major operational, environmental and economic benefits based on our advanced chemistry and leading application expertise. BASF has a strong global position in the market for mining chemicals. This position is built on quality products, technical expertise, relationships and a reputation for innovation. Discover your possibilities with BASF.
Principal Responsibilities -
- Work with Head of Global development to define project scope and detailed action plan for projects.
- Develop methods for evaluation
- Supervise test work
- Report data regularly to development team
- Present project results to technical group and/or mining group
- Assist in writing invention record and/or provisional patent
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
- PhD degree in chemistry or other related discipline required.
- 3 years of hydrometallurgical industry/product knowledge
- Excellent Interpersonal skills -
- Requires integrated work with project development team
- Must work closely with the entire development group
- Must be able to communicate with internal and external customers
- Self-directed and self-motivated
- Proficient computer skills - specifically Microsoft Office, Excel and Lotus Notes databases.
- Knowledge of standard lab safety, ISO procedures, and SHE procedures
Primary Location: United States-Arizona-Tucson
Function: APTE - Appl. Technology
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: (EV)-Performance Chemicals
BASF - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
BASF is the world’s leading chemical company – The Chemical Company.
With about 112,000 employees, six Verbund sites and close...