Coram, an Apria Healthcare Company, is a leading provider of specialty infusion and pharmacy distribution services with more than 80 branch locations, over 50 infusion suites and 2 specialty pharmacies throughout the country. Our more than 3,600 employees, including nearly 1,000 infusion nurses and pharmacists, are known in the industry for providing a high level of personalized care to thousands of home and infusion suite IV and specialty pharmacy patients every day. Please visit our website at
Infusion Nutrition Support Dietitian
We have an exciting opportunity to practice nutrition in the home infusion industry. Must have TPN experience, and be licensed in the state of CA. You will be given the opportunity to grow strong, long-term patient relationships, and be working with a national leader in the home infusion industry.
- Reviews nutrition screens per policy. If the patient is found to be at nutrition risk, the Registered Dietitian (RD) determines the need for a comprehensive nutrition assessment. Assures the ongoing education of branch clinicians responsible for nutrition screening.
- Completes nutrition assessments for nutrition support (parenteral nutrition or TPN and tube feeding) ) patients per policy and procedure, per current accepted standards of nutrition practice, and in accordance with the physician’s treatment plan. May include a home visit. Documents the evaluation and assessment in the patient’s medical record and communicates findings to the physician and other pertinent care givers.
- Provides ongoing monitoring and assessments and recommends therapeutic interventions as appropriate. Prepares written communication of follow-up nutrition care in the medical record and communicates findings to the physician.
- Coordinates the clinical plan of care with branch team.
- Leads/participates in nutrition support team meetings/patient care conferences and contributes appropriate clinical information.
- Works with the clinical department managers to educate internal staff on appropriate nutrition therapy, nutrition policies and procedures and reimbursement related topics.
- Works with sales to identify potential growth opportunities for home parenteral nutrition. Develops and maintains nutrition customer relationships.
- Assists in the qualification and documentation of medical necessity for all payors for parenteral nutrition therapies to secure reimbursement for home parenteral nutrition. Provides documentation to Patient Financial Services Center for requests by CMS for ongoing medical necessity.
- Provides patient and care partner education related to nutrition therapy and oral diet modifications as ordered by the physician.
- Assists in optimizing cost efficiencies through promoting compliance to preferred formularies.
- Participates in staff meetings, site in-services and performance improvement activities.
- Serves as a content expert for sales support activities which may include providing continuing education programs.
- Participates in national and local nutrition organizations
- Performs other related duties as directed by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nutrition or related field plus a minimum two years of nutrition support experience in a related environment.
- Advanced certification in the area of nutrition support (Certified Nutrition Support Clinician) on hire or completed within first year of employment.
- Appropriate state certification or licensure to practice dietetics; Registered Dietitian status with the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics; and a valid driver’s license.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- The employee is required to use hands to drive and may be required to use hands to demonstrate equipment, supplies and formula.
- The employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is frequently required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Vision requirements include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals such as chemotherapy drugs.
- The employee regularly works in outside weather conditions when traveling to patients.
- The noise level in the work environment varies.
(or Coram Healthcare
) is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, religion, citizenship, national origin/ancestry, physical/mental disabilities, military status or any other basis prohibited by law.
Because Apria believes in providing a safe work environment, we conduct drug and background checks in our recruiting/hiring processes. AA/EOE, M/F/D/V
Coram - 18 months ago