Manufacturing Process Engineer – Defense - Cumberland MD area
ATK is a premier aerospace and defense company with more than 18,000 employees in 22 states, Puerto Rico and internationally. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or a military operation. We are a Fortune 500 company and the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
ATK designs and manufactures defense and defense related products including rocket motors, warheads, gas generators, ceramic composites for aircraft components and launch tubes, metals and munitions as well as electronics, integration and test of electronic fuzes and sensors. Our manufacturing capabilities encompass motor and warhead loading, static and air-breathing testing, fiber placement, filament winding, hand lay-up, compression molding, high rate machining, flow forming, welding, assembly, and integration and test.
ATK has exciting, hands-on Manufacturing Process Engineering opportunities at our Manufacturing Center of Excellence, near Cumberland MD. This is a premier ATK location with extreme corporate visibility, As our ideal candidate, you will provide hands-on manufacturing engineering support. Your responsibilities will encompass resolution of production issues, manufacturing procedures, new processes and introduction or modification of production lines. You will work collaboratively with supervisors and program teams to insure that ATK meets its product and delivery commitments. If you truly enjoy working with equipment, hands-on problem solving and seeing the results of YOUR work, this is a great opportunity with considerable career advancement.
- Provide hands-on process engineering support for automated assembly equipment.
- Resolve day-to-day production equipment and process related issues affecting quantity and quality of manufactured product. This involves hands-on resolution of issues in manufacturing areas
- Provide daily support as needed to area operations personnel
- Maintain and develop product manufacturing procedures
- Review and analyze manufacturing processes utilizing Statistical Process Control (SPC) and Six Sigma techniques
- Assist in identifying new equipment and facilities necessary for new product lines
- Participate in program planning, scheduling, monitoring and reporting on program assignments
- Participate in cost estimating and work area conceptualization for business development.
- BSME or BSEE or BS in related engineering discipline required
- 3 or more years of engineering experience in a manufacturing environment supporting automated assembly equipment. Experience in an electronics assembly operation is strongly preferred
- Demonstrated hands-on mechanical ability and knowledge of electrical control systems
- Experience in Statistical Process Control (SPC), Lean and Six Sigma techniques.
- Ability to acquire a Security Clearance which requires US Citizenship as a pre-requisite
- Requires some off-shift and weekend work
ATK is on the move. We have the people, strategy, agility, and products to thrive in a highly dynamic national security and space environment. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, full Medical & Dental, 401k, Tuition reimbursement, and much more. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to a diverse workforce. M/F/V/D
- Excellent verbal and written skills
Engineering and Sciences
less than 25%
Years of Experience:
Process Engineer, Defense, Industrial, Manufacturing, Manufacturing Engineer, Engineering, Government
ATK - 10 months ago
Space is not the final frontier for Alliant Techsystems (ATK), as long as its aerospace/defense offerings are paving new paths. Through four...