Account Executive - Corporate Communications
Ruder Finn New York
Ruder Finn, Inc., a leading independent communications agency, is looking for an Account Executive to begin working in the Corporate Communications practice in the New York City office. The AE would be working for a major, multinational consumer company on a corporate reputation campaign focused on sustainability and preserving our environment.
Account Executives assist in researching and analyzing issues relevant to clients and executing effective public relations campaigns. Responsibilities for this particular role would include research; media relations, including media list development and pitching; social media, including content development for social media platforms and facilitating social media promotion work with Ruder Finn's digital arm, RFI Studios; writing, including pitches, press releases, key messages; working with legal and regulatory bodies; account management and support. The AE will also assist in mentoring junior staff and will be interfacing directly with clients.
We thank all applicants for applying and will contact only those we are interested in speaking with further.
- Must have 1-2 years previous experience at a PR agency or in-house – interest in sustainability, corporate reputation experience and/or experience working with consumer clients is a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven media relations skills; strong media relationships are a plus
- An independent worker who works well on a team;
- Detail-oriented and dedicated; proactive and enthusiastic with an ability to juggle multiple tasks and meet deadlines; a quick learner
- Familiarity with social media channels, including Twitter and Facebook
- Strong skills using Microsoft Office programs - Powerpoint, Word, Excel, etc.
Ruder Finn - 18 months ago