The rapidly expanding Northeast Region is excited to announce openings in the Leadership in Training Program for Prepared Foods. We are looking for experienced chefs/sous chefs with outstanding and demonstrated management skills as well as the passion to excel and move into a leadership role within the company. Fortune Magazine has placed us on their list of Top 100 Companies to work for 14 years in a row! Isn't it time you joined the family?
If you want to be part of Whole Foods Market, this is the ideal place to start. Bring us your retail knowledge and leadership skills and we will train you in Whole Foods Market operations and culture while assisting you in becoming the best leader you can be.
We have opportunities available for you in these metro areas:
The Leadership in Training Program consists of an intensive on-the-job training (lasting 3-5 months or longer, if necessary) that will prepare you to be successful at Whole Foods Market. Candidates must be ready to think, learn, and contribute - all while consistently communicating and modeling Whole Foods Market's vision and goals.
- Northern New Jersey
- New York State
- Southern Connecticut
We offer an 8-hour day / 40-hour work week. You must have full flexibility to train in any store in the Northeast region as well as full flexibility to work any day and any hours. We offer great benefits beginning with a full complement of medical and other traditional group health plan coverage, 401k plan, and a 20% discount at our stores.
Responsibilities & Qualifications:
- Flexibility to work in any/all Northeast regional stores
- Expected to attend training and classes to develop skills and knowledge of Whole Foods Market culture, systems and programs in anticipation of filling a Leadership position
- Support and assist the Team Leader and Associate Team Leader in all tasks
- Drive great customer service throughout the store
- Help with overall product merchandising plans
- Help maintain strong team morale
- Active in the community
- Assist the Team Leader and Associate Team Leaders to meet or exceed financial targets
- Support and sustain Store, Regional and National policies and programs
- Complete specials projects as assigned
- Other duties as assigned
- 2+ years' leadership experience overseeing 5 or more employees in a retail, food or restaurant environment
- Experienced chef/sous chef
- The ability and desire to train for 3-5 months beginning immediately
- Ability and willingness to train and be placed in any NE regional area (NY, NJ, CT) store as needed (within reasonable commuting distance)
- Exceptional customer service skills
- A strong passion for food and healthy living
- Strong leadership background is required; knowledge of retail and/or grocery is a plus
- Demonstrated merchandising ability
- Strong financial acumen and budgeting skills
- Strong computer skills, including Excel and Word
- Excellent communication skills
- The desire and demonstrated ability to move into a Team Leadership position (Assistant Team Leader or Team Leader)
- The ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, holidays and weekends, and travel as needed
Whole Foods Market is a company with a unique character and philosophy that has set us apart from traditional supermarkets. As the world's leading retailer of natural and organic foods, our mission is to provide the highest quality products and services to our customers.
We empower our Team Members to make their own decisions, thus creating an environment where people are treated with respect and are highly motivated to excel.
Whole Foods Market is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a smoke-free working environment.
Due to the volume of applications that we receive, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Thank you.
Whole Foods Market - 11 months ago
Whole Foods Market owns and operates a chain of natural and organic foods supermarket. As of September 30, 2008, the Company operated 275 st...