Registered Nurses Practitioners (RNP) provided general medical care to inmate patients within a correctional facility. Must be able to work within a correctional facility environment and treat inmate patients with respect.
Working Conditions :
Work is performed inside a correctional facility. CHC expects employees to work in accordance with all security rules and regulations to minimize the risk of danger and/or harm to themselves or other employees. Due to the nature of our business, we cannot clear individuals with H1B or J1 status for employment and some facilities will not to clear individuals with bad debt or recent bankruptcies on their credit report. CHC provides excellent compensation and benefits packages (medical, dental, tuition reimbursement, 401K, etc.) to eligible employees.
Minimum Educational/Experience Requirements:
Employment Requirements :
- Must have and maintain a current and unrestricted license as a Registered Nurse Practitioner in the state of practice .
- Current DEA controlled substances license/registration.
- Must be a graduate from an accredited nurse practitioner program approved by the legally-designated state accrediting agency at the time the program was completed by the applicant.
- Must have two (2) years experience within a private practice, hospital, or correctional facility as an RNP.
- Applicant required to be currently CPR certified.
Physical/Mental Requirements : Must be able to perform all of the essential elements of the position with or without an accommodation. This position routinely requires (but is not limited to) the following:
- Must be able to pass a criminal background investigation by the company
- Must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test.
- Must comply with all requirements of the company substance abuse policy.
- May be required to pass a consumer credit check.
- Must obtain and maintain security clearance with the client as a requisite for initial and/or continued employment.
- Frequent walking throughout site; to include walking up and down flights of stairs.
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs.
Correctional Healthcare Companies - 20 months ago