Orbitz Worldwide is a leading online travel and technology company, but we didn’t need to tell you that—that’s why you want to work for us, right?
Orbitz is currently looking for a Marketing Designer to join our team based at Orbitz Worldwide’s headquarters in downtown Chicago.
We’re the ones fighting for you to Take Vacation Back, because we believe no vacation day should go untraveled (it’s not just a slogan, we actually believe it). We offer a huge selection of low airfares and unbeatable hotel deals, with the inside scoop on everything to make your trip memorable—from the cheap, the cool, to the even cooler.
We have a dynamic, fast-paced environment, at the forefront of technology, and offer an excellent opportunity for leadership, creativity and personal success. (Travel perks? We have those too.) If you’re as passionate about travel as you are about technology, and want to work with the best in the biz, this is the place for you. A high degree of responsibility and accountability for decisions made are key aspects to this role. So is helping yourself to free cereal in the morning.
The Marketing Designer designs and produces assets for online merchandising, off-site advertising, partner marketing and social media campaigns, as well as provides design and production support for various Marketing and HR promotional needs.
- Work with Design Manager to adapt concepts to entire campaign
- Adapt campaigns to different visual systems for multiple brands
- Procure images to support concepts
- 2+ years professional experience in interactive design and production
- Expertise with leading design software, including Fireworks, Dreamweaver, Illustrator and Photoshop. Flash expertise a plus.
- Excellent organization skills to manage vast image library and file archives
- Excellent time management skills, including ability to manage multiple creative projects efficiently and simultaneously
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to take art direction and constructive criticism
- Ability to balance great design with short deadlines
- Strong typographic skills, including knowledge of web typography
- Strong attention to detail
- Animation skills are a plus
- Knowledge of print production and related software a plus
- Bachelor's degree in design or related field
- 2 years ago - save job