CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY
CHIEF OF POLICE
POSITION SUMMARY: Reporting to the Vice President for Administration and Finance, the Chief of Police is directly responsible for overall leadership, including planning, organizing and directing the operations of a fully empowered professional police force. This police force is charged with protecting the University community through a comprehensive public safety program. The Chief of Police, while fostering good relations, also has responsibility for establishing and maintaining the general law enforcement activities for the University including crime prevention, criminal investigations and training. This position is expected to maintain accreditation by the Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies (CALEA). Additionally, this position oversees the management of traffic safety and training, key control, campus radio communications, confidential law enforcement information management, departmental budget administration, liaison with external and internal agencies, and public assistance services. This position also serves as the campus Emergency Operations Center (EOC) Director and has direct responsibility for managing the campus emergency management plan. Additional responsibilities include serving as an active member and advisor on campus committees including the Workplace Violence Committee, Parking Advisory Committee, Risk Management Committee, Campus Safety Committee, and the Students of Concern Committee.
the Lieutenant level or higher.
- Minimum seven years of law enforcement experience including two years at
- California Peace Officers Standards and Training (POST) Certification position requires status as a sworn law enforcement officer-with Supervisory Certificate or satisfaction of all POST requirements within first year of employment.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited University.
- Valid California Driver's License - position requires the use of a state vehicle.
COMPENSATION: Starting salary will be competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications. The position includes a broad attractive benefit package.
- Master's degree from an accredited University.
- California POST Management Certificate
- Training and certification in emergency management.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: To assure full consideration, submit an on-line application by February 24, 2011 at
http://hr.fullerton.edu/job/. Position will remain open until filled. In addition to the on-line application, applicants must provide a cover letter with a statement of qualifications, and a resume.
ACHIEVING A CLIMATE OF SUCCESS THROUGH DIVERSITY & EQUITY
An Equal Opportunity/Title IX/503/504/VEVRA/ADA Employer
DiverseJobs.net - 3 years ago