This is a part time, 12 hour a week night position.
Riverton Intensive Care Unit is a small 4 bed ICU where the attending physicians direct the care of their patients. This position provides the professional, teamwork oriented registered nurse with an exciting opportunity to experience the growth and development of a new service at Riverton Hospital.
The Riverton ICU Nurse is accountable for the provision of safe, efficient and therapeutically effective care on the patient unit. Utilizing the nursing process, care is delivered in compliance with hospital policies and procedures, legal and regulatory standards.
There are many skills and much knowledge required to competently perform job responsibilities at Riverton ICU:
· Ability to function independently as an ICU nurse in the care of critically ill patients within our patient population.
· Physical ability to perform tasks in the assigned work area(s).
· Ability to transfer and position patients independently and safely.
· Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
· Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills.
· Ability to mentor and educate coworkers in caring for the ICU population.
The ICU is physically located within the Medical Surgical Unit and as such staff will be part of the Medical Surgical team. Staffing for the unit will require one ICU RN to be working on the unit at all times. During times of low ICU census the ICU nurse will be expected to care for up to 3 Med/Surg patients.
Intermountain Healthcare's Riverton Hospital is located at 3741 West 12600 South in the heart of the growing southwest Salt Lake Valley, serving the communities of South Jordan, Riverton, Herriman, and Bluffdale. Riverton Hospital is a full-service community hospital dedicated to high quality patient care in a welcoming and healing environment.
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) License in Utah, or license eligible
- This position requires verifiable current Healthcare Provider or Professional Rescuer CPR certification. An original card must be verified prior to start date or the job offer will be withdrawn. For additional information regarding CPR requirements please visit our Job Requirements Page .
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Basic computer skills
- Two years RN work experience in an ICU setting
All positions subject to close without notice
Intermountain Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
Intermountain Healthcare - 16 months ago
Intermountain Healthcare is an internationally recognized system of 22 hospitals and a full range of medical services, multi-specialty...