Telltale’s Gameplay Programmer group is responsible for bringing the visions of the designers and artists to life, as well as contributing in meaningful ways to user interactions and overall game play. Working on small product teams alongside industry innovators in game narrative design and cinematography, push the boundaries about how players consume and experience games. Development is done entirely in Lua and Telltale’s multi-platform downloadable game development system; the “Telltale Tool”, you can help to create tons of amazing content for Xbox, PS3, Wii, iOS, PC, Mac and Android.
Essential Skills and Experience:
• A minimum of 1 year of professional experience in the games business or 3 years experience developing games in any environment.
• Experienced with languages such as Lua, Actionscript, Perl, Python, and C.
• Experienced at level building, prototyping, UI design, writing, and other game design elements.
• Self-motivated and diligent, with good habits for tracking one’s own tasks, seeking out answers when needed, and actively participating in the entire production effort.
• Posses strong knowledge of programming data structures, logic, and algorithms.
• Passionate about being in a highly iterative environment with a desire to participate in many areas of game development. This is a position for a ‘Jack-of-all-trades’ programmer!
Preferred Skills and Experience:
• B.S. degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
• Experience building your own games or levels from scratch with the ability to demo these personal projects.
• Experience working in a 3D rendering environment or 3D game engine (i.e. Maya, 3DS Max, Unity, Torque, Unreal, etc. )
• Solid working knowledge of Lua
• Passion for interactive fiction, narrative game play, and cinematography.
TellTale Games - 30+ days ago