La Crosse County Register of Deeds Office seeks someone to perform general clerical functionss involving computer data entry, typing/word processing, calculators, telephone/reception, copiers/duplicating machines, and scanners.
Hours of Work: Monday-Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm. This is a total of 37.5 hours per week.
To Be a Successful Applicant: 1-Provide a ten-year work history. Explain gaps in employment. 2-Include reasons for leaving each job. 3-Fill out all fields on the application, including address and phone numbers of previous employers.
Essential Job Functions:
For a complete list of duties and qualifications, please see job description.
Performs heavy volume of computer data entry for back indexing of real estate documents. Condenses legal land descriptions and enters into computer. Searches computer for legal documents related to real estate and makes copies as necessary. Performs receptionist duties: answers telephone; takes messages; handles routine inquiries and refers clients/callers to appropriate personnel. Waits on customers at counter. Researches information requested, as necessary. This includes moving, lifting and carrying heavy and awkward plat and index books. Receives money, makes change, and issues a receipt based on computer input into electronic cash receipting equipment. Receives papers for recording and requests for certified documents from persons coming to the office. Makes certified copies of Death, Marriage, Birth Certificates and Military Discharge documents. Works cooperatively with other office staff to accomplish office tasks and carry out functions of the office. Types documents using a word processor, such as correspondence, certified copies, envelopes, indexes, etc. Uses various office machines in the performance of duties such as computers, calculators, telephones, copiers/duplicating equipment and scanners. Handles specialized clerical assignments as the department's needs require.
Training, Experience and Other Requirements:
- Graduation from an accredited high school or GED, with training in business courses such as typing, bookkeeping and office practices.
- Strong preference for individuals with advanced clerical training at a technical school.
- Only persons who have work experience and proficiency in reading and writing legal land descriptions will be considered.
- One year of general office experience.
- Proven proficiency with computer data entry and word processing.
- May consider other relevant combination of training and experience.
- Must be bondable.
La Crosse County, WI - 20 months ago