BASF is proud to be an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position provides production leadership and oversight for the execution of the maintenance strategies for the site. This involves serving as the liaison between Maintenance and Production teams to facilitate the maintenance work execution processes for routine, emergency, break-in and shutdown work, including priority setting, scheduling and backlog management. Additionally, this position validates quality and execution efficiency. Further, the position analyzes maintenance spending against plan and forecasts spending.
- Review work notification backlog, verify accuracy, completeness, and priority (or date wanted). Evaluate work requests for Management of Change (MOC) items. Ensure troubleshooting by Production prior to Maintenance involvement. Validate scope and justification.
- Evaluate discretionary work and determine if justifiable.
- Convert notifications to work orders for planning by Maintenance. Group notifications together that can be planned and worked as a single job. Ensure jobs with highest priorities are planned appropriately.
- Review, validate and document break-in work. Manage requirements for breaking the Maintenance work schedule.
- Validate and document Maintenance-related overtime work.
- Monitor routine maintenance backlog to ensure level is acceptable and appropriate to Production's needs.
- Communicate maintenance activities and backlog to Production.
- Ensure scheduling basis includes 1.) an appropriate amount of preventative maintenance work versus corrective work; 2.) an appropriate backlog age; and 3.) scheduling time to work on RCFA action items and innovation.
- Ensure compliance of the assets with internal and external rules and regulations (e.g. mechanical integrity, SIS, inspections, etc.) via adherence to scheduling requirements or seeking approval for extensions.
- Review Maintenance schedules to ensure they meet the needs of the production units.
- Determine proper priority based upon resource availability and Maintenance schedules (final decision on priority).
- Participate in the optimization of scheduled and unscheduled downtime.
- Serve as liaison between Maintenance and the Production Team to coordinate, plan, and execute maintenance and capital activities, including outages and turnarounds.
- Maintain strong line of communication on status of completed work orders and findings.
- Help define and promote Autonomous Maintenance and provide or coordinate appropriate level of training.
- Validate maintenance work quality and execution efficiency.
- Analyze maintenance costs, in conjunction with Maintenance Management, to understand cost drivers and look for opportunities to optimize.
- Work with Maintenance Management to monitor maintenance spending against plan and forecast spending.
- Work with Maintenance Management to develop yearly Maintenance Plan based upon Business Strategies.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. An associate’s degree in a technical field is preferred.
- 5 years in petrochemical production or maintenance.
- Experience with effective shutdown/outage planning & execution is desired
**BASF recognizes Institutions of Higher Education that are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
Primary Location: United States-Mississippi-Jackson
Function: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: G-CCP-Process Catalysts & Technologies
BASF - 20 months ago
BASF is the world’s leading chemical company – The Chemical Company.
With about 112,000 employees, six Verbund sites and close...