We are searching for per diem instructors for the National College of Technical Instruction for our Maine location.
Position Summary: Reporting to the NCTI Manager, Director or Lead Instructor, the Instructor will provide assistance with the Emergency Medical Technician – Basic, Paramedic and/or other EMS training and education, providing instructional support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Confers with Lead Instructor to maintain current knowledge of clinical demands and work expectations in the out-of-hospital setting.
- Consults with the Primary Instructor to support teaching outlines and determine instructional methods for laboratory skills practice and demonstrations, as well as individual remedial or tutorial programs.
- Conducts course sessions covering specified areas required to support course objective/curriculum, statute or regulation and consistent with current science and accepted standards of clinical practice in the out-of-hospital setting.
- Monitors progress of students in the educational program.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Adherence to and compliance with information systems security is everyone’s responsibility. It is the responsibility of every computer user to: Know and follow Information Systems security policies and procedures. Attend Information Systems security training, when offered. Report information systems security problems.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Completion of an approved training program is required.
- Current State Licensure as a RN, LVN, LPN, Respiratory Therapist, Physician's Assistant, Physician, or past or current state certification as an Emergency Medical Technician – Paramedic or Emergency Medical Technician - Basic or current Instructor certification is required.
- Instructor certifications in BCLS, ACLS, PALS or PEPP and PHTLS or BTLS are also preferred.
- Experience and certifications appropriate to subject matter being taught is required.
- As required by location, must have a valid driver’s license and a driving record in compliance with the AMR Safety and Driving policy .
Knowledge and Skills:
- 1 year of field experience is required.
- Additional course work in instructional methodology or adult learning theory is preferred.
- Ability to write educational and grade reports, professional correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from individuals or groups of students, managers and the general public.
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
$13-24/hr depending on teaching assignment
EmCare is a leading physician services organization with nearly 1,000 locations at hospitals from coast to coast. We have become a leader in...