The Wound Care Nurse is responsible for performing patient care requiring specialized training and skill related to treating various wounds with or without Hyperbaric intervention. This position will also be responsible for the assessment and plan of care for patients under the Direction of the Physician Director of the service and the Nurse Supervisor of the Center.
- Use the approved Nursing Process to develop individualized plans of care for patient referred to the facility
- Deliver care in accordance with the plan set forth and approved by the Physician Director of the facility.
- Document the assessment, care plan, treatment and evaluation in either Intellicure or Meditech as appropriate.
- Establish and maintain effective and therapeutic relationship with the patients
- Perform debridement of necrotic tissue by autolytic, enzymatic, mechanical and/or conservative sharp methods
- Apply compression therapy when appropriate
- Calibrate and perform single or multilevel Transcutaneous P02 measurements as required
- Perform and document a history that would include indications for Hyperbaric Treatments and any medical history or condition that would affect or be contraindicated for HBO Therapy
- Performs and documents age-appropriate physical assessments
- Determine patient's priority of care, recognizing an emergent situation and initiating appropriate intervention
- Perform and document ongoing nursing assessments with particular attention to barotraumas, and Oxygen Toxicity
- Demonstrate an awareness of patient and employee safety/health hazards by identifying factors that would impede that and act on those findings
- Determine and document the readiness of Emergency Equipment (Crash Cart)
- Monitor and regularly reorder required supplies as directed
- Comply and adhere to all Hospital Policies and Procedures as they apply to the Wound Care Center
- Acknowledge and adhere to strict Infection Control and Environment of Care Guidelines as they apply to the Wound Care Center
- Protect patient confidentiality and comply with HIPAA regulations
- Demonstrate understanding of HCA's "Patient's First" initiative by strict compliance to all safety protocols and procedures
- Identify educational needs and provide teaching or educational materials and/or inservices for patients/families, Nursing Staff and Physicians
- Perform other related duties as directed/required
: Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing. Two years Med Surg Clinical Experience/prefer background in Wound Care.
: Licensed Registered Nurse (RN) in the State of Texas, BLS, ACLS (can be obtained after hire)
St. David’s South Austin Medical Center provides convenient, comprehensive healthcare and leading-edge services in Women’s...