Our client is an employee owned organization and is in the process of expanding its estimating and project management team due to growth. We are seeking a strong senior estimator with over ten years of experience with a diversified background in private and public works with extensive paving and grading experience.
- Lead the preconstruction efforts on assigned projects – includes take-offs/quantity surveys, estimate generation, accurate qualifications/assumptions, design/precon meetings attendance, constructability reviews, document coordination reviews, and project schedule monitoring.
- Assist PM’s and other estimating department personnel on preconstruction efforts as assigned.
- Lead and/or assist lump sum bid efforts.
- Educate PM’s, PE’s and estimating new hires in the systems within company for budgeting & bidding of work and for preconstruction efforts.
- Follow ongoing projects to understand and analyze the labor productivity and to become familiar with any issues that could be resolved by doing something different during preconstruction the next time.
- Develop and maintain historical data on general conditions and labor productivity’s.
- Pursue potential new project prospects and work with members of the marketing committee in developing the appropriate strategy for winning new work.
- Review and participate in the response to assigned RFP’s.
- The preconstruction group actively supports project teams. It is important that Senior Estimators are active participants in company and department team building activities.
- Demonstrates Leadership qualities in business decisions as it relates to team communication.
- Partners with Project Managers for successful bid/budget turn over. This involves making themselves available for real time interface with the project team to ensure a complete and understandable transfer of the estimate.
- Pays attention to and is in tune with the market place.
- Foster and maintain outstanding rapport with key subcontractors in our marketplace.
- Seeks out and welcomes the input of the project team.
- Validate that estimate mark-ups and costs allowable are in keeping with the construction contract. Review contract terms for bid work with assigned Sr. PM and inform the General Manager of any significant risk issues.
- Maintain a self-directed education program in conjunction with the in house education opportunities offered by and those found outside which fit with own goals.
- Focus time to be spent in the arena of “Design Build” opportunities working with owners and architect teams and ensuring the success of this process with respect to company goals.
- Take the departmental lead in understanding and memorializing the development process.
- Participate as part of the Portland Management Team, active in weekly Project Management Meetings to review the division’s workload, manpower allocation, preconstruction assignments and staffing.
- Ten plus years in estimating paving and grading focus