**This position is for college recruiting purposes ONLY. It is posted for college students to submit their resume if they are interested in this entry level position.
POSITION PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
Conducts Manufacturing Engineering assignments in conformity with sound engineering principles, policies, and controls to develop new methods, processes, and product designs to resolve quality and cost issues in manufacturing.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in Continuous Improvement activities including: Kaizen and Process Improvement Events.
- Identify and eliminate waste in all aspects of the manufacturing processes.
- Facilitate and drive Continuous Improvement initiatives throughout the organization.
- Perform line balancing activities to optimize the utilization of our assembly line process.
- Provide feedback to engineering on how to reduce costs from pre release design.
- Review drawings for any obvious errors and assist in tracking the RFT for proto components.
- Participate on behalf of manufacturing to influence design to enhance the manufacturability of applicable designs.
- Provide technical assistance, training, and information to engineering on the production capabilities of the manufacturing facility.
- Responsible for the direction, development, and review of support staff under their direct supervision as defined in the organization chart.
- Responsible for all aspects of project management on assigned projects including but not limited to the following: schedule development, schedule adherence, status monitoring, and budget compliance.
- Keep abreast of new development pertinent to one’s job responsibilities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Telephone • Calculator
- Computer • Copy Machine
- Must be able to sit, bend, turn, and maintain other related body postures frequently as necessary to perform job duties.
- Must be able to visually utilize a computer and other office equipment to properly enter information, as well as read documentation.
- Must be able to perform repetitive hand and arm motions.
- Must be able to prepare concise, accurate written documents to communicate clearly with all levels of management and employees.
- Must be able to work independently and make decisions that require initiative and judgment in order to effectively plan, organize and complete various work assignments.
- Must be capable of multi-step and sequential problem solving activities; these include the comparing, analyzing and calculating data.
- Must maintain continual visual and mental attention while operating personal computers and other office equipment.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Must be able to understand and communicate both verbally and in written form in English since instructions, labels and other documents are in English.
- Must be able to accept change and respond appropriately.
- Must be flexible and willing to accept a variety of tasks as assigned.
- Must not present a direct threat or unreasonable risk to him/herself or others.
- Must represent the Company in a positive manner to co-workers and outside personnel.
The Manufacturing Engineer Intern is responsible for his/her own work and does not supervise the work of others.
- Attends departmental meetings as required.
- Assists others in department as needed.
- Work is performed within an office setting and within a warehouse/industrial setting.
- Noise levels vary however there is no continuous exposure to hazardous noise levels.
- Temperature and humidity are regulated while indoors.
- Currently enrolled in an accredited four year college or university in Industrial, Manufacturing, Mechanical, or related engineering discipline.
This job description reflects the current assignment of essential functions, and is not intended to be all-inclusive. Duties and responsibilities may be assigned or reassigned to the job at any time or for any reason.
- Good verbal communication and excellent analytical/problem solving skills.
- Detail oriented, organized, ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to provide leadership for change and improvement.
- Team oriented with a strong focus on process improvement.
- Thorough knowledge of engineering principles, strong problem solving, planning, communication, team involvement, and people skills.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
AGCO - 3 years ago
copy to clipboard
AGCO is a global leader focused on the design, manufacture and distribution of agricultural machinery. AGCO supports more productive farming...