About DeVry University:|
Founded in 1931, DeVry University is one of the largest, private sector universities in North America, with more than 90,000 students enrolled in the United States and Canada. The university’s mission is to foster student learning through high-quality, career-oriented education integrating technology, business, science and the arts. With more than 95 locations, DeVry University delivers practitioner-oriented undergraduate and graduate degree programs onsite and online that meet the needs of a diverse and geographically dispersed student population. Home to five colleges of study, including Business & Management, Engineering & Information Sciences, Health Sciences, Liberal Arts & Sciences, and Media Arts & Technology, DeVry University’s outstanding faculty members, work in the fields that they teach, providing students with real-world experiences that prepare them for high-growth careers.
DeVry University is institutionally accredited by The Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, www.ncahlc.org . DeVry University, a part of DeVry Inc. (NYSE: DV), is based in Downers Grove, Ill. For more information about DeVry University, find us on Twitter @DeVryUniv, Facebook /DEVRYUNIVERSITY or visit newsroom.devry.edu.
Help Shape Better Minds for A Brighter Future!
This position is responsible for teaching. The qualified Instructor will teach which includes a variety of tasks such as: developing new strategies to teach the course, preparing handouts, exams and assignments and maintaining positive classroom relationships with students.
We are currently seeking a part-time Adjunct Faculty (Independent Contractor) to teach evening undergraduate and graduate business information systems courses, at our Irving, Fort Worth and Richardson campuses as needed. Our Business Information systems area offers courses in Requirements Gathering and Testing, Object-Oriented Programming for Business, Principles of Web Development, Systems Implementation and Training, and Business Intelligence and Data Analysis. This is an on-site teaching position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential duties and responsibilities of faculty are:
1. Develop strategies to teach the course content and meet instructional objectives including real-world examples, in-class activities, etc.
2. Develop and provide to students an approved DeVry University syllabus that follows a template established by the local campus. And, successfully delivers each course covering the terminal course objectives indicated in the Curriculum Guide.
3. Organize, prepare and regularly revise/update all materials for the courses they are responsible for teaching.
4. Model exceptional verbal and written communication.
5. Organize and sequence topics in a logical progression and pace the delivery to meet the needs of the course requirements.
6. Utilize related technology (such as PowerPoint, remote access to syllabi and grades, classroom projection systems, course related software, website content, online courses or course components with interactive capabilities) to enhance learning.
7. Establish positive classroom relationships with students by being actively engaged in the classroom and lab. Provides opportunities for in-class discussions and questions and displays enthusiasm about the students, the subject matter, and the learning process.
8. Incorporate higher-level learning (i.e. application, analysis, synthesis and evaluation) by giving students opportunities to develop information literacy and problem-solving skills, and by connecting their current study to lab assignments and previous/future study in the related disciplines.
9. Ensure that the content and level of material included on quizzes and exams has been adequately covered in class.
10. Use assignments to conform to the objectives of the Curriculum Guide.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A technical Master’s degree with at least 18 hours of technology related graduate coursework is REQUIRED .
A minimum of 5 years related industry business experience; post graduate.
Prior teaching experience is preferred.
Must have outstanding oral and written communication skills;
Excellent motivational and instructional skills;
Able to facilitate diverse groups.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.
DeVry, Inc. - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
It isn't exactly Ivy League, but DeVry is in the big leagues of technical, health care, and business schools. The for-profit...