- Assigns codes accurately to diagnoses and procedures within the medical record to comply with federal and state regulations.
- Sequences codes accurately for proper and optimal DRG assignment.
- Queries physicians or hospital staff as needed to ensure proper assignment of codes.
- Abstracts data from the medical records and assures that all required elements are appropriately entered into the hospital information system.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Competency in performing diagnostic and procedural coding.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Thorough knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy and physiology.
- Understanding of ICD-9 and CPT coding classifications.
Capital Health - 2 years ago
Capital Health System (CHS) serves the residents of New Jersey's capital city through two hospitals -- Helene Fuld Medical Center and...