Resort Operations Manager
The Resort Operations Manager is responsible for the oversight of the resorts Housekeeping and Front Office departments. The scope of the responsibility will include but not be limited to overseeing all administrative, accounting, property guest services, property housekeeping, associate development and other such functions as required or assigned to ensure the successful operations of these two disciplines. This position will ensure the successful implementation and performance as outlined by company standards for Loss Prevention, Quality Assurance, Internal Audit as well as all other key measurables. This position will also be required to interface and work in concert with Human Resources, Accounting and other corporate support departments. Other key duties include ensure guest rooms are spotlessly clean, ensure the physical condition of the hotel is well maintained, assist with safety and security training programs and in the event a guest complaint is received, assist the Resort Manager with the response. The Resort Operations Manager will need to be able to assign, track and monitor key performance indicators and hold each resort department member accountable in achieving incremental and sustainable change and improvement in accordance with WVO performance goals while being able to navigate with in predetermined budgetary guidelines.
1. Supervise/oversee and work with department managers to include front desk and housekeeping; position requires variable schedule including weekends, depending on the needs of the business.
2. Oversee and approve weekly staffing levels, hold managers accountable for accurate time reporting, work-order generation and record keeping.
3. Perform regular building and unit inspections to ensure resort standards are met and the resort is safe for guests, owners and staff.
4. Ensure the highest level of customer service to current and prospective owners in order to maintain a positive brand image and company reputation.
5. Thorough working knowledge of the composition of association documents, understanding of governing statutes and board meeting procedures.
6. Manage all aspects of HOA accounting.
7. Prepare and present HOA financial statements.
8. Supervise and work closely with managers and regional HR staff in recruiting, approving and retaining employees.
9. Partner with Human Resources to minimize employee relations issues and exposure to litigation with particular emphasis on sexual harassment, discrimination and properly terminating employees with appropriate documentation.
10. Maintain the highest quality of staff through effective recruiting, hiring, retention, coaching, succession planning and training.
11. Identify areas of process improvement and leverage best practices by working with appropriate corporate resources as necessary.
12. Facilitate "Count on Me" service culture commitments.
13. Supervise/oversee the rental program and rental management agreements.
§ Two to Five years of property timeshare/hotel management experience required.
Mixed use experience a plus (Vacation Ownership, Hotel and Fractional).
Astute understanding of Resort financials. HOA Financial Statement experience a plus.
Working Knowledge of Housekeeping and Front Desk departments.
Understanding of Labor Relations (where appropriate).
BA/BS Degree preferred.
Professional appearance and excellent communication skills in dealing with guests and corporate personnel.
Positive and upbeat attitude to ensure great work environment.
Ability to keep sensitive information confidential.
Have proven strong leadership ability, motivational skills and enthusiasm.
Track record of strong work ethics and integrity with a sincere desire to make a difference.
Wyndham Vacation Ownership - 10 months ago
Wyndham Vacation Ownership (WVO) offers vacationers a (time) share of paradise. A top supplier and marketer of timeshare vacation properties...