Interstate PowerSystems is a distributor for Detroit Diesel Engines, Allison Transmissions, MTU-Engines, Carrier Transport Refrigeration, MTU Onsite Energy Generators, Deutz Engines, and Waukesha Engines and Generators. We have been a market leader in the service industry for over 50 years, and we have excelled at providing solutions and adding value for our customers. Growth is a critical component of our business plan, and we are currently looking for a Diesel Technician to help us in that growth.
Field Diesel Technicians fulfill a critical role in our operations. Employing over 600 technicians, Interstate provides services to a wide range of industries including mining, commercial, and oil and gas. As is our mission and promise to our customers, we strive to provide “Pride in Service”. We do this by providing our technicians with the factory training they need to accomplish and sustain the highest efficiency possible.
Requirements for diesel technician:
- Responsible for troubleshooting, maintenance of MTU S2000 and S4000 engines
- Diagnose, repair, adjust, and modify all heavy duty components
- Positive interface with service writers, foreman, parts department and customers
- Keep paper work updated and handed in upon completion
- Meet requirements for certifications
- Communicate effectively with customers
- Work safely and follow customer safety standards
- Maintain assigned service truck to a high standard of cleanliness
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Clean driving record
- CDL not required but is a plus
- A minimum of 3-5 years experience working with diesel engines and heavy duty trucks
- Must have your own set of general tools
- Ability to work with diagnostic equipment for troubleshooting and repairs
- Use computers for web based training and work order system
- Ability to read and understand schematics and troubleshooting manuals
- Technical degree or certification a plus.
- Must be physically able to lift and work with no restrictions.
- MSHA Qualified
- Must be able to work a rotating on call schedule
Interstate is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage all qualified and interested persons to apply for this position by submitting a resume for consideration.
- Excellent compensation
- Continuing certification training
- Generous benefits including insurance options, vacation, holiday, and sick pay, 401(k) with employer match
Interstate Companies - 2 years ago
Interstate Companies, Inc. is an industrial distributor, assembler, truck dealer, and a maintenance and repair provider. Our five operating...