The Street Maintenance Crew Leader is a working supervisor of a small crew consisting of 1-2 subordinates. This employee will be responsible for providing construction and maintenance activities including, but not limited to: repair of utility cuts, pavement failures, and potholes for public streets and other city property. The position reports to the Section Supervisor and is accountable for the planning, organizing, and reporting of all assigned projects as well as coordinating the crew's activities in support of the overall Field Operations work plan using independent judgment and discretion in carrying out operations. The successful candidate must possess good communication and writing skills with the ability to prepare reports and follow verbal and written instructions. The City of Greensboro pays employees semi-monthly and the position is assigned to a 40-hour work schedule, which is typically Monday through Thursday from 6:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with a 30-minute lunch. The schedule is subject to change during a holiday week or for emergency service which may require working a flexible schedule with little or no notice and may include weekends, nights, or holidays. This position will be assigned to the snow and ice removal program and will be subject to working 12-hour shifts during winter events. This employee must have good attendance and maintain a reliable means of contact (i.e. home or cellular telephone). The physical requirements of the job are standing, stooping, bending, kneeling, climbing, walking on uneven surfaces, shoveling, and heavy lifting up to 50 lbs. This employee must obtain and maintain a valid Class B Commercial Driver’s License with Tanker Endorsement within 120 days of employment.
The job is NON-EXEMPT under FLSA.
An Ideal Candidate Would Also Possess (Preferred
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1+ years experience in street construction or maintenance, public works, or utilities (must indicate on application)
- Valid driver's license
Special Notes Concerning This Position:
- Experience with asphalt paving or patching (must indicate on application)
- Experience supervising people (must indicate on application)
- Experience using Microsoft Office software such as Word, Excel, Outlook, etc. (must indicate EACH software experienced with on application)
- Valid Class A or B Commercial Driver's License
- Experience using EAM or other work management software (must indicate on application)