Employer will not sponsor visas for position
This is an internship position at the CITGO Refinery in Corpus Christi,TX.
This internship will provide visibility into a generalist role which provides involvement in all matters of day-to-day human resources activities. Also, the intern will be involved in recruiting, employee relations, and learning the human resources information systems. The student will work on various projects. Projects assigned will include the following: organizational chart, Human Resources Information System. The intern will experience a broad overview of human resources and gain insight on what a career in human resources has to offer.
- Enrolled in Bachelor's Degree program in Business Management, Human Resources Management, or related field (Junior or Senior level)
- Overall GPA of 3.0 (A=4.0) *
- Working knowledge of computer software: Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professional demeanor
- Communicate effectively with all levels in the Corporation
- Must be able to work in a team environment and possess excellent customer service skills
* The Maritime Transportation Security Act requires all persons who will need unescorted access to a regulated facility to have a valid Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC), issued in accordance with the rules established by the United States Coast Guard and the Transportation Security Administration. Candidates selected for employment must meet eligibility criteria to obtain a TWIC card.
The following link lists the eligible criteria for all persons trying to obtain a
TWIC card http://www.tsa.gov/assets/pdf/immigration_eligibility.pdf
To obtain more information on the Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC), please visit the Transportation Security Administration’s website
(Equal Opportunity Employer)