Waggener Edstrom Worldwide’s Healthcare Practice is growing. We provide a breadth of communications support to our clients across a range of therapeutic areas. This includes creative and digital work, strategic communications counsel, events support, advocacy relations and more. We are looking to add an account manager to drive reputation management efforts for a high-profile client in the B2B healthcare space. This position can be located out of of our North America offices; Portland, San Francisco, and New York.
The ideal candidate will have a strategic and creative mind-set with biotech R&D communications experience, combined with regulatory and on-market pharmaceutical, direct-to-physician and direct-to-patient communications experience. An aptitude in running integration communications programs as well as effectively managing outside creative, digital and PR partnerships is essential. Previous work developing executive speeches and web content for marketing programs is also highly desired.
If you’re passionate about healthcare and have proven success in managing large-scale accounts, are able to effectively build and lead a communications team and have an entrepreneurial spirit developing new business, we’d love to hear from you.
• Link between senior agency management, senior clients, account staff and partnering creative, digital and PR agencies
• Drives day-to-day client management, team development and maintains high-profile influential relationships
• Manages, motivates and develops team members
• Drives the strategic integrated communications planning process, ensures that plans integrate with other PR and marketing plans in client organization, and proactively adapt plan to reflect change to business and market
• Initiate regular contact with business press and/or other senior-level influentials
• Oversee team’s service to industry influentials
• Manage client satisfaction. Hold regular meetings and/or maintain regular phone or written contact to keep key clients apprised of WE work progress, address issues that appear and solicit feedback from clients, and assess PR results against client expectations. Manage the development of client scorecards and resulting actions
• When called for, manage crisis communications. Anticipate potential challenges and develop a plan to put forth appropriate positioning to minimize negative perception
• Forecast, propose and track budgets. Manage single or multiple accounts in the client(s) budget
• Bachelor’s degree or above in communications, journalism or related field preferred
• At least 5 years of experience in PR – in an agency and/or within the healthcare industry – providing public relations consulting service to healthcare, biotech or medical device clients. 6-8 years’ experience preferred.
• Established strong relationships with KOLs, payers, providers and employers in traditional media and social media channels
• Minimum of 2 years individual and team management experience, including experience developing a team
• Minimum of 2 years PR management and execution experience, including developing plans, client management, launch strategies, product positioning, pitching stories to the media, negotiation, budget responsibility, media training a client, messaging and creative tactical ideas
• Demonstrated creative and strategic mindset
• Made presentations to groups of all sizes Business Acumen
• Pitched new business
Waggener Edstrom - 23 months ago
Every innovation starts with a big idea, but it’s how you tell its story that makes an impact. That’s where we come in. From...