Posting Title |
Location Manager: Grain, Agronomy, & Energy
MGR LOCATION MULT COMMODITY CO
200 Railroad St. SE
CHS / Southwest Grain has an exciting opportunity in our Country Operations group . We are looking for a Location Manager (Agronomy & Feed) to establish operating policies consistent with the General Manager's broad policies and objectives and ensure their execution. You must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, possess strong relationship building skills, and have the ability to bring cross-functional teams together.
- Act as the liaison between the General Manager and department managers, developing and implementing procedures and controls to promote communication and adequate information flow within the organization.
- Provide work direction to the Agronomy, Feed and Operations departments.
- Manage the location operations according to divisional objectives to provide patrons with prompt, courteous and effective service while maintaining the efficiency necessary to achieve a maximum margin of profit.
- Manage the location workforce through responsible training, clear job assignment definition and explanation, correct deficient performance, and effectively reward and develop all employees.
- Evaluate and make recommendations to improve existing programs of elevator housekeeping, safety and equipment maintenance to avoid breakdowns and limit safety hazards. Maintain all related record keeping logs.
- Evaluate the results of overall operations regularly and systematically and reports these results to the General Manager.
- Maintain record keeping logs on all elevator equipment including vehicles and all facility equipment.
- Oversee, monitor, and enforce all company policies and procedures.
- Monitor stored grain condition and maintain quality of inventory.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned or needed.
- 6 plus years of combined production agriculture.
- 5 years previous Coop Management or supervisory experience.
- Ability to lift 75 lbs, climb rail cars, ladders, stairs and bins.
- Ability to operate loaders, conveyors, tractors, loaders and forklifts.
- Ability to work in dust and adverse weather conditions and temperatures.
CHS offers a Competitive Salary. Benefits include: Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance. This position will have opportunity for growth.
- 2 or 4 year degree.
- Previous Grain Merchandiser or Agronomy Sales experience.
CHS is a diversified Fortune 100 company providing essential grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers. CHS is a cooperative system owned by farmers, ranchers and their local cooperatives from the Great Lakes to the Pacific Northwest and from the Canadian border to Texas. CHS is an EEO employer.
CHS Inc. - 18 months ago
CHS Inc. is the nation’s leading cooperative, owned by farmers, ranchers and co-ops across the United States. A diversified global...