As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 21,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Perform Tier 1 and 2 Computer Network Detect duties on a 24 X 7 X 365 network defense watch floor for an enterprise wide organization.
1. Responsible for the analysis and triage of network anomalies that should be considered Events of Interest (EOI). Will provide basic assessment of the anomaly, designate it as an EOI and coordinate response with CND response team.
2. Responsible for escalating EOIs to Responders in a timely manner, with all required information to ensure the response team may act upon it accordingly.
3. Must have a good understanding of networks at a packet level. Must be able to analyze packet captures at the expert level.
4. Must have experience using CND tools to detect network attack, these tools are:
a. Enterprise Security Information and Event Management Systems (SIEM).
b. Intrusion detection and prevention systems (IDS, IPS).
c. Web Content monitoring systems (WebSense, Bluecoat).
d. Firewall and syslog logs.
5. Assists with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls.
6. Must be able to review multiple data sources to gather Indications and Warnings and Attack Sensing and Warnings information.
7. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
8. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience.
8-10 years of related experience in data security administration.
Must take polygraph upon employment start.
Must be IAT III (CISSP) and CND-IR (CEH, GCIH) DoD 8570 compliant, or able to become so in 4 Months.
Must take CI poly upon employment start, or have a current one
Security Clearance Level
Security Clearance Basis
Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI)
Security Clearance Polygraph
Job ID Number
Potential for Deployment
General Dynamics - IT - 17 months ago
General Dynamics Corporation (General Dynamics) offers a portfolio of products and services in business aviation; combat vehicles, weapons...