Provide production/petroleum engineering support and surveillance to the KMCO2 McElmo Dome and Doe Canyon CO2 production assets as part of the SW Colorado Subsurface Team. The position will be based in Houston, TX.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide engineering surveillance support and monitor production trends of 6 compression/process facilities, 70+ CO2 production and 4 water disposal wells in Montezuma and Dolores Counties, CO.
• Focus will be on improving well deliverability and reservoir performance in coordination with the S&T Subsurface Engineering Group, KMCO2 Drilling Department, and the Cortez CO2 Production Operations Group.
• Initiate and perform production optimization studies including stimulation, workover, and completion strategies involving vertical and horizontal wellbores.
• Generate detailed well work procedures, and ensure that all regulatory requirements and conditions from the Environmental Protection Agency and Colorado Oil and Gas Conservation Commission are followed.
• Provide supervisory oversight of the execution of well work when necessary.
• Support reservoir data collection, reservoir management and material balance processes (i.e., production logging, bottom-hole pressure testing, etc.) by recommending work activities and collecting and analyzing resulting measurements.
• Coordinate with production and operations personnel to facilitate weekly well opportunity meetings and annual, multi-discipline well reviews for opportunity generation and completion of production improvement initiatives.
• Collaborate with multi-discipline team that includes engineers, geologists, and operations personnel, and provide support and guidance in generating innovative operation methods to measure, predict, and maximize CO2 recovery from the reservoir.
• Clearly articulate recommended course of action to senior management, as required.
• Maintain well database to support identification of production enhancement opportunities. Work with completions engineer to evergreen the opportunity inventory, prepare recommendation proposals for management approval, develop economic analyses, support AFE approval process, and monitor work to complete projects on schedule and on budget.
• Ensure compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations, as well as industry standards and specifications. This includes being an active participant in regular permitting meetings with the Drilling Department and regulatory specialists.
• Maintain, foster, and support a safe work environment, safe work practices, and environmental stewardship that are second to none in the industry.
• Ensure ongoing improvement through evaluation of current processes.
• Promote and embody Kinder Morgan Core Values.
• Complete special projects, annual objectives, and other duties as assigned.
• Deal with a wide variety of people with tact, courtesy and professionalism.
• Speak clearly, both in person and by telephone, using a high level of verbal skills, and listen carefully.
• Write effectively, and understand verbal and written communications, including but not limited to email and weekly reports.
• Work independently to manage tasks and timelines.
• Maintain a regular, dependable attendance and a consistently high level of performance.
• Maintain a high regard for personal safety, safety of company assets, employees and the general public, and protection of the environment.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Chemical, Civil, Mechanical, or Petroleum Engineering from an accredited university.
EXPERIENCE / SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE:
• Minimum 5 years direct and active experience with and knowledge of CO2 production or oil and gas production operations, is required.
• Must have proven track record in managing CO2 or oil & gas production projects and field development in an effective, safe, efficient, and environmentally safe manner.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Must possess and maintain a valid driver license and a driving record satisfactory to the company and its insurers.
COMPETENCIES, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Intermediate level proficiency in Microsoft applications, including but may not be limited to: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, for the purpose of word processing, developing and analyzing data on spreadsheets, and information retrieval.
• Must be well versed in creating and effectively delivering presentations to staff and management.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the team, operations, and commercial groups.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, frequently under pressure, on multiple tasks.
• Well-developed interpersonal skills.
• Possess authentic listening skills.
• Strong problem solving skills, including logical thought processes, with ability to resolve simple to complex issues.
• Must be self-motivated with the ability to successfully and simultaneously manage multiple tasks, meet multiple deadlines and work with minimal direct supervision.
• Ability to organize, schedule and prioritize departmental and individual work to meet various schedules and objectives, reprioritize on short notice.
• Ability to work with all levels of internal and external personnel, and maintain strict confidentiality.
• Ability to identify, and regularly meet, expectations in an employee/employer relationship.
• Ability to work with a team, take direction from supervisor(s), focus attention on details, follow work rules and adhere to established work schedules.
• Must be able to perform all essential functions of the job.
• Based in KM downtown Houston office.
• Regular travel to the field operations is anticipated.
• Occasional support to operations may be required during non-working hours
• Job level and salary commensurate with experience and skill sets.
• The successful candidate will be required to clear a non-DOT drug screen and a complete background check, including credit report, after an offer has been extended and prior to being employed.
• This is not a supervisory position; however, the chosen candidate will be required to manage multiple interfaces
PREFERRED Education, Experience, Certifications, Competencies, Skills, and Abilities:
Above the minimum requirements; not required but advantageous in this position:
• A graduate level degree in Chemical, Civil, Mechanical, or Petroleum Engineering from an accredited university is advantageous.
• Knowledge of Kinder Morgan CO2 production and pipeline assets, as well as safety practices and other company policies/procedures is a plus.
This can get Kinder complicated: Kinder Morgan Management (KMM) was created by pipeline operator Kinder Morgan, Inc. to be the limited...